Search the Island

Not even GUN let us use an airplane for this trip so we all waited on the dock for a huge ship to arrive.

"Don't you think Charmy should stay with Vanilla and Cream? I just can't picture him on a boat of all things.." Espio mumbled to Vector.
"Yeah but he's part of the team, he's never gonna learn if we keep leaving him out of stuff. Besides he's occupied with Shadow for most of the time."

Spoken truth Charny was right by Shadow's side as his little sidekick. And Shadow didn't seem annoyed by it.

Sonic and Tails walked up to the pier and there was almost a fight between him and Shadow.

"Where were you Sonic!? Why wasn't you there to stop this asshole!?" Shadow had tackled him down as soon as he came into view.

"Hey!" Vector broke away from his talk with Espio, "You guys knock it off killing part of your search team isn't gonna help find her!"

"Why are you pinning this on me Shadow it's not MY fault she was kidnapped!! I have Super sonic speed not hearing! You think I can hear or see what's going on from my house, or where ever else I am to know what she's doing or what's happening!?" Sonic coughed after being tackled to the ground his air knocked out of him.

"He got off the mainland you're telling me out of your hero work you couldn't spot a kidnapper fleeing with one of your friends!?!" Shadow was furious, his quills stuck up in all directions and a crackling hiss came when he spoke. Espio and Vector started getting closer to break them apart.

"Me!? ME!? Oh yeah Shadow where were YOU!? You seemed to become her new favorite person to hang around with, your special ops ultimate life form get up couldn't catch the guy before he took off with her!? Maybe tapped into security cams and spying on your new girlfriend or something!?"

Before Shadow brought his fist down to Sonic's face Vector had caught it just on time and even Vector with all his muscle and weight, and trophies of wrestle championships, was struggling against the force of Shadow's strength holding back just his hand. He dug his hand under to part their bodies and yanked him off of Sonic and Espio had blocked Sonic from taking a comeback swing while he was being held 'captive'.

"Look you two, fit isn't anyone's fault." Espio said, "no one could have predicted this to pass. It slipped under all of us, even as a detective agency it got past us until all was done and said. We aren't hear to blame, we're on the same side, an alliance. So pull your act together and stop acting like children! Set aside your hatred for one another and work together on this, when you two work together you can save the world... And that isn't a figure of speech."
After a few deep breaths Vector set Shadow back to his feet and they met face to face again this time shaking hands with a nod.

"It's alright Shadow." Sonic said quietly, "I'm scared too..."

Finally the last of our party, Mr.Cho arrived along with the GUN ship that would get us to the island.

"Ever been on a boat before kiddo?" Mr.Cho asked as everyone looked at the towering tank, but addressed it to me, it was colossal!

"No." I shook my head as a ramp came down and the captain greeted us aboard the ship.

"Vector!" Charmy zipped back over to us, "So could this count as a mission under Silver's file too? We can call it, Mission Night and Shinning armor two! Or 'The Real Deal' or maybe 'Prince Charming'!!"
"EH Charmy, I don't think it's the right time to name a heavy mission like this one just yet..." Vector murmured, "we don't know how it's all going to turn out. If it, great chaos emerald forbid, but if it turns out a fail I don't want it to have a cool name."

"Really, that's what we're concerned about..?" Espio's eyes laid dull and aggravated on them.
"Well--" they both sheepishly smiled before the captain announced that we were taking sail.