Unpredictable Fate

"Hey, come on now. Don't cry. It's just temporary right?" Tyler said trying to lighten the mood. I can easily see the unshed tears though with my tearing up eyes.

Let me explain what's happening.

I'm leaving. I mean we are leaving; my mom, sisters, and I.

Leaving the place where we grew up, leaving the people we grew up with. Or in my case, my boys.

My name's Sophie Matthews and I'm 15. I have 12 best friends. And they are all guys. I mean, I'm not a tomboy or anything but I always find it hard to make girl friends even when I was still a kid.

I met Jacob or Jake, Tyler, Jesse, Cameron, Chase, and Nathaniel or Nate when we were 4. We were all at the same playground near our house. Jake, Jesse, and I saw Tyler being bullied by Cameron and Nate and we 3 run up to them to help Tyler. In the end Cameron, Chase and Nate went home crying that day and the four of us became great friends.

The next day, Cam, Chase, and Nate came to us and apologized to Tyler. I don't know what it is but I feel some connection between all of them that moment. Since that day, all of us became inseparable.

All of our moms and dads easily became close to each other too so it's not hard to for us. When one of our family decided to go to a place, all of the rest's families will be coming with them too. It's like a one huge family.

A year later, a new family bought the house next to us. The family consists of the mother, the father, an older son who is 6, and their triplets who are 5 years olds. The 6 year old kid was Wesley and the triplets are Zach, Sebastian, and Alexander.

Our moms being the friendly neighbor they are forced us all to welcome the new neighbor. And that's how the 7 of us became friends with the 4 other guys. This may sound weird but I seriously felt some connection between them too. It's starting to make me feel a bit confused as to what it was but I just shook it off.

4 months later came the last two guys of the group, Oliver and Riley. They were the new kids in our kindergarden school and us being the huge group of welcoming people we are, welcomed them to our group. And that's the last time we opened our group to anyone.

Anyway, my mom and my dad got divorced and my mom wants to visit her hometown which is the Philippines. I have 2 sisters, an older (Emily) who is 21 and a younger (Samantha) who is 11 and we decided to come with her or more like forced to. I mean I love my mom and everything but my life's here in California. This is the first time ever that I will be away from my boys. Besides, I'm a daddy's girl and I still can't believe that we'll be leaving him all by himself.

Back to the present, which is 10 years after, we are at the airport right now waiting for our flight to be called. All my boys are here with my dad saying their last goodbye while my sisters and my mom were in the airport's café while I'm here crying my brains out because of these boys in front of me.

"Yeah, this is just temporary. Just for a while. I'll be back before you know it." I told them even if I don't know if that's true.

"We're gonna miss you so much Soph. I seriously don't know how I can survive a day without you much less more than a year." Nate said while shedding a tear.

"I'm gonna miss you guys too so much. Don't forget about me okay? Don't replace me with some bitch or something." I demanded them.

"That would never happen, you know that. There would never be someone who will be good enough to replace you." Jesse said reassuring me.

"I love you guys too much, you know that right? I will never forget about you guys too." I told them while continuing to cry my eyes out.

"Princess, you will be fine there. I promise I'll take care of these guys for you. I won't let any girls snatch them from you." My dad joked.

"Dad, stop. They can do what they want. You know I'm gonna miss you just as much right?" I told him.

"Yeah kiddo, I know. I'm gonna miss you so much kid. Tell your sisters I love them will you?" Dad said.

"Yeah dad, of course." I said. We heard the girl calling our flight together with my mom's voice calling me. She and my sisters came over to hug and say goodbye to our dad and the boys one last time.

"Come on girls, we need to go." Mom said.

"I'm coming." I said while hugging the boys one last time. "I love you guys so much."

"We love you too Soph, call us as soon as you landed okay?" Cam yelled as we were already walking to where our plane is.

"Yeah, sure! Love you guys! Love you dad!" I said one last time.

That was 3 years ago. Which means I'm almost 18.

I haven't seen them since but we all find time to Skype or call or chat each other.

Philippines is a lot different than California, I can tell you that.

It is so hot all the time here but as time goes by, we learned to adjust to it.

We're lucky that our mom taught us how to speak in tagalog which is the language in the Philippines while we were growing up.

It's great to finally meet some of our relatives from our mom's side. Mom met a guy named Eric a year after we moved here and right now he's like a fatherly figure for the three of us. He's okay, but he can never be our dad. After a year and a half of relationship, my mom told us that they have been talking about marriage but they both still haven't thought of it properly.

Anyway, I'm in College here. The school here is different from California. Here, students will graduate high school at 16.

I think it's time to finally tell you some things about myself. I have a violet eyes. I know, weird but it's one of the things I love about myself. I have a natural curly brown hair. Sometimes, I hate being different from the people here. The college I go to is not as hard as my high school. Fortunately, I got into one of the most known college here in Philippines.

I love dancing, singing and acting. I'm an inborn performer just like almost all my boys. Probably one of the reasons why the boys and I clicked.

I also love sports. Mostly basketball, football and soccer. But I play volleyball and other sports. I was in the track team too back in Cali. What can I say, the boys grew in me. I can say that's my boy side. Apart from that, I was also a part of our dance and cheerleading team.

Here in school I got the chance to join cheerleading, a dance group and a singing group.

Oh wait, I forgot to tell you the most important thing about me, my family and the boys.

Jesse, Cameron, Tyler, and Chase are werwolves. Jake, Nate, Oliver, and Riley are vampires. While Wesley, Zach, Sebastian, and Alex are witches. I, on the other hand, am a bit complicated. My dad is part werewolf, part vampire, and part witch and my mom is totally human. So that makes me quarter of each creature.

You heard it right, it's all real. Werewolves, witches, vampires.