New nature

The first few months were hard for all of us. It's been depressing to be away from home and the boys and at the same time overwhelming because of the new nature.

But we managed. I got to be really close to a lot of people in high school. One of the pros in moving here is that I gained some girl friends.

Finally! They're not as bad as I originally thought. But I still prefer my boys over every close friends I have here. I mean, I love them but my boys have a huge part of my heart. There's also a lot of guys who had shown interest too. I entertained a couple.

There's actually this one guy, Chris, he became that guy that I can count as a best friend but still can't be compared to the guys. We've been best friends for almost a year before he admitted that he has feelings for me. That time I do too and I told him.

For a few months, we have been happy with our relationship. Until the time that I heard him talking to his friends about a bet where he has to court a girl and make her say yes. After a day I broke up with him.

Three days later I confronted him. He admitted that I was that girl. I was so broken hearted. I trusted him, thought that he would not do that to his best friend. Guess I was too naive.

I was never the one to be mad at someone for too long. I just tend to forgive someone easily. I tend to express my feelings through dancing or singing.

So that's exactly what I did to Chris. I forgave him but nothing was ever back to normal.

Fortunately, my singing group in college had a concert-like performance that is open to everyone to watch. I invited my high school friends just because I missed them and for Chris to know what I'm feeling.

I don't care about him anymore. I just want him to know that it's his loss, not mine. That's probably my biggest revenge.

I practiced so hard with my group mates. I tried everything to perfect every song and every dance we have to perform. I need to be perfect. I need to make Chris realize that he lost something big. I need to make Chris regret what he did.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Day of the performance (6 months after) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I heard my phone ringing and answered it without looking who it was.

"Hey Soph?" Someone said through the phone.

"Yeah? Who's this?" I asked while trying to wear my first outfit with all the chaos in the dressing room.

"It's Jessica, we're at the gate. The guard said we need someone to pick us up here." Jessica, one of my 3 girl best friends told me.

"Oh, yeah. Okay, I'll pick you up. Wait for me at the front." I instructed her.

"Of course, where else would we go?" She joked.

"Can you be anymore slower? It's really hot right here you know!" Bella, my other girl best friend, scolded teasingly.

"I'm already running! Shesh woman! Almost there! Oh wait, I can see you guys!"

I ran to the big group blocking the way and hugged the closest person which is another one of my girlfriends, Alexis.

"Oh my gosh you guys! I missed you so much!!" I yelled while pulling Jess, Bella, and the last of my girlfriends Alexis

"Holy shit Soph, you look amazing!" Alexis yelled when we got out of our group hug.

I was wearing my first outfit which consists of a loose, plain white tank top tucked in a black skinny jeans with a denim polo shirt then for the shoes, I have a high heels. So they know why I had a hard time running faster. My hair and make-up is also fixed up for the show.