Eighteen

Eighteen.

That is the most important age for any creature.

For human girls, or girl filipinos, it's when they have their debut. A huge party would be given to celebrate the eighteenth birthday of the celebrant wherein the celebrant would have 18 guys dance with her and give her a rose each. It's one of the most important days of a girl.

On the other hand, to other creatures such as werewolves, vampires, witches, and other creatures, it's the time where they found their mates. In other words, most awaited time of everyone.

I, however, have mixed emotions. I'm excited to meet my other half of course. But I'm also terrified. What if it's not one of the boys? What if everything will change when I finally found my mate? What if my relationship with the boys would never be the same?

Oh! That made me remember this one thing that I shouldn't have forgotten in the first place.

Between the 13 of us, I'm the youngest. Which means they are all 18 already.

'Shit! Stupid Sophie! You're here thinking about being one of them as a mate when there is a huge possibility that they have already found their mates!'

'But what if they haven't? They haven't told me anything about it yet.' I questioned myself.

'Maybe they are just trying to find the right time to tell you.'

'Or maybe they just have not found any of their mates.' I argued.

'Whatever. Just ask them yourself.'

'Fine! I will.' I answered just to annoy that voice inside my head. Not my wolf by the way.

I watched them as we walked to my car.

We were going to go home for a while for me to freshen up and them we're going to have a '2-days celebration' of my birthday. That's what they said.

At least I still have a day to prepare myself of disappointments and heartaches. I also need to get this heavy thing off my chest so I need to tell them how I really feel.

I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not. All I know is they need to know before my birthday, I need to let it out. Before I found my mate.

At least after we found our mates there would be no awkwardness between us. I hope.

We stopped in front of my car and said our goodbyes to Jess and the group. I hugged them all too.

"Hey guys? Did you drive a car to get here or did you get a cab? 'Cause I don't think we can all fit in my can and my mom's." I told the boys.

"Jake, Seb, Riley, Tyler, Chase, Oli, Nate and I do. But Wes, Cam, Zach, and Alex got a cab." Jesse said.

"Oh that's fine, I think you 4 can fit in my car. Come on." I kissed the 8 guys that won't be with me on the cheek as a goodbye and the got into the driver seat of my car.

Cam, Wes, Zach, Alex soon got in too after hugging my mom, Em, and Sam with Cam sitting on the passenger seat.

The drive back home was fun. We talked about anything and everything, trying to catch up on each other's life. But I still didn't have enough courage to ask them if they have found their mates.

After an hour and a half, we arrived to our home. "We're here guys."

At first I thought they would be shocked by the size of our house but then I remembered that our house in Cali is bigger than this one.