A day of goodbyes

On my last day in the Philippines, I go to my school for the last time.

Fortunately, I only have 3 classes then a meeting with my dance group so I get to say goodbye to them there.

I spend the day saying goodbye to my close friends then danced for the last time with my group.

After our meeting, I met Jessica and the girls at the mall. We went shopping for a little bit the ate at the food court. Then we went our separate ways after saying our last goodbyes to each other.

"Promise you won't forget about us okay?" Jessica said almost in tears.

"Of course not guys, you three are the first girlfriends I ever have." I answered her nearly tearing up as well.

"We're just gonna miss you so much!" Bella said.

"Yeah, we're not going to be the Fabulous Four anymore." Alexis joined. Alexis gave our group that name last year when we had our 2nd-year-of-being-together celebration.

"Guys, we'll always be the Fabulous Four or whatever you name it. I'll just be in a different place." I told them.

"Okay. We promise we'll visit once we can." Bella promised.

"Okay, I promise we're going to visit whenever we can too." I said and then pulled all three of them for a group hug.

"Okay, okay, it's getting late and I still need to finish packing up." I said when I saw Oli pulling up in front of us, picking me up. "You guys sure you don't need a ride home?"

"No, we're fine. Alexis brought her car with her." Jessica said.

"Okay, bye guys. I'm gonna miss you!" I shouted at them while running to where Oli parked.

"Bye Sophie! We're gonna miss you too! Don't forget to call us!" Alexis shouted back.

I jumped in the passenger seat and kissed Oli in his cheek.

"Hey." I said smiling.

"Hi." He said while wiping the remaining tears on my face. "Are you okay?"

I smiled, "Yeah, I am now." I'm so lucky to have him here right now. I know the others would've been here if they could because they would like to comfort me just like Oli.

They know what goodbyes do to me. Saying goodbye to anyone close to me is never really my favorite thing to do.

Actually I hated doing it. I just don't like saying goodbye. It feels like I will never see them again or something. I feel like saying goodbye is both saying goodbye to the person and to all the memories you have with them.

Oli drove back home after making sure I'm okay. We didn't talk the whole ride, he just gave me space and time to think of everything.

When we got home, the boys are there waiting at the door. That actually made me laugh. They really were eager to comfort me.

"Sophieeee!" Nate said while running to me and pulling me in a bear hug. He stuffed his face between my hair and sniffed me. "We missed you today."

Oh, so it's not all because they wanted to comfort me.

I was too preoccupied with my saying goodbye to all my friends to realize that Ava has been restless the whole day. I also have missed them even if it's just for a day.

"I missed you too." I said burying my face in his neck.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked catching me from Nate's arms and hugging me on his own then looked at all of me trying to make sure that I'm okay.