Birthday

Being woken up by the sun burning you is not the best way to wake up.

I seriously need to remember to close the curtains before I sleep.

Wait. It's my birthday today!

I'm having mixed emotions to that thought.

I mean I'm excited that it's my birthday, I'm finally legal to do anything.

But I'm also scared to prove to myself that none of the boys is my mate.

Maybe I can just stay up here in my room for 2 days until it's time for them to go back to Cali.

I look around my room and noticed a tray of food is on my bedside table. I got up to get it and went back to my bed.

There is a note beside the plate. It says 'Happy birthday Hon. We're sorry we're not there when you woke up. Eric and I had to come with Sam and buy groceries. We will make it up to you when we get back. We love you, mom.'

I ate the food in my plate which is pancakes, bacons, and hash brown.

I put the tray back to the table and went to lock the door in case the boys suddenly barge in.

I don't want to see them yet. I don't want to know that they are not my mate. I don't think I can handle it to touch them and not feel any spark.

Supernaturals have their mates. One can find their mate by touching, feeling sparks to someone's touch. Or by looking at someone and getting lost in them, feeling as if you two are the only ones in the world. Or by the delightful scent. They would both feel connected to each other.

What if I did not feel any of that in any of them? It hurts to even think that.

I just watched movies to past time. After 3 movies, I got really hungry. Where's my mom? What's taking them so long?

I tried watching another movie to distract my stomach but it growls every 5 minutes until I can't take it anymore.

I unlocked the door and peeked outside, trying to hear any sound that will say that the boys are here but it is eerie quiet.

I carefully walked downstairs, rubbing my still puffy eyes when I heard some noise at the very bottom step of the stairs and saw Chase there.

I was shocked but didn't look at him in the eyes. I smelt a mouthwatering scent. Cinnamon! Marie's making some cinnamon rolls? That reminded my stomach how it needs food.

I quickly maneuvered around Chase without touching, talking, looking, or smelling him. I can't risk anything. I don't want to face the reality yet. Not now.

I stopped for a second before walking to the kitchen to look at him. What I saw only hurts me more. Chase looked confused and hurt. It hurts to know that I caused that.

My wolf, Ava, is howling inside me. More depressed than I am. I don't understand why though.

I wanted to hug him, apologize to him over and over again until that look was gone. But I can't. I need to be as far away to all of them as possible. As soon as I recovered from my feelings, I would apologize to them.

'2 days Sophie. You can do it, just 2 days.'

I walked to the kitchen with the image of Chase' face imprinted on my mind.

As I walked into the kitchen I was hit by another delicious scents. Mint and chocolate.

My stomach is really messing up my mind real bad. I need to get food inside it soon.

I was too distracted by my stomach to notice Zach and Tyler sitting there, eating.

For the second time today, I was shocked.