Ch. 6 - Through this together

A day already had passed since me and Kody confessed to each other.. and i must admit, it felt weird to see him now as a.. boyfriend(?) Especially when i still haven't figured out my sexuality. Most likely i was Homosexual, because i never found myself attracted to any girl in particular. Or girls at all.. But that was a hard reality to accept. I was.. very confused.
Anyways, that morning we had to head to school again, it was Monday and i was finally out of the hospital.
But are Kody and i able to keep our relationship hidden from everyone? ..And my constant urge of wanting to get close to him wasn't helping much in this case.. but moving on, we both walked out of the main door into the woods that led to the school. It was a bit windy, but the weather was pretty pleasant unlike other times.

My eyes met his for a moment, but it was just for a fraction of second before we both looked away and walked faster, with the intent to be as far as possible from each other to not drag suspicions. Although it was clearly doing the contrary.
Arrived on the school grounds we split up, like usual. And i obviously walked over to my bush and just sat there, waiting for the day to end as Kody had to deal with school. Aka. Hell.
But little did i know that something big was going to happen; something that would have changed things between me and Kody for a very.. long time.

No one noticed where she came from, but all of a sudden the red haired girl appeared out of nowhere, walking down the hall with such enthusiasm that was never seen before, especially on a day like Monday.
Kody had barely placed one foot in the hall that he was already pushed and slammed against the wall by her, something that never happened.
He was about to say something but kept quiet, sure that she would bully him as well, like a group used to do in the past.
"I finally found you!" A voice said. It gleamed of hope and happiness, very similar to that of Lumine. Except it wasn't his.
"..Huh?-" He was quickly interrupted.
"I had searched for you all over! I have plans to discuss with you. Dare to come into the journalism club room?"
With a confused look on the black haired boy's face; the girl just dragged him away, running into a classroom where a bunch of people were sitting down, scribbling words on paper or simply hanging out.

"Welcome to our den! Now.. i know you're confused but we really need your help."
"....Not my problem.. can i go now?" Kody said, just about to leave.
But a hand kept him from doing that, making him stay put.
"My name's Lilianne, but my friends call me Lily"
Kody kept silent, moving his hand away from hers but she wouldn't let him.
"I know you're confused Kody, but give me a chance to explain; will you?"
Hesitantly Kody stopped resisting and gave up completely, letting her finally talk.

But a voice preceded hers, showing much more calmness and elegance.
"Hello and welcome to the journalism club.. What Lily's trying to say is that.. You have to join."
...
No reaction came out from the poor guy, even more confused than before.
"You see.." spoke the same voice again "I'm Del. The leader or well.. president of the journalism club."
Now the voice had a name, but it didn't resolve any of Kody's questions as the fog in his head was getting more and more visible.
"Deliah, you're not helping. What she's saying is that.. due to your bad school habits and low effort and constant loss of important supplies.. you are obliged to join a club. But no one wanted to take you in.. well, except us."
Kody was set in stone. No movements or sounds came from him, he was petrified.

"Well, if you think i'll be able to help then you're getting the wrong idea. I'm not-"
"We know you won't do anything" said the voice before.
"That's why we need you. You have the habit to.. get in a lot of trouble. Besides you and that weredog guy seem to be getting into new adventures everyday. How do we know that? Well, Lily here has been following you guys a lot recently."
Now thoughts were flooding Kody's mind; can it be? Does she know about us? But he kept quiet, not showing yet any reaction.
"Wow.. Lily was right when she said you were pretty.. closed up. Well, anyways. Our newspaper has been.. out of content lately. We need something to spice it up. And you might exactly be the one to know how. ..It's Del's idea. Don't blame me."
The girl who was named Deliah elbowed the other girl who's name Kody didn't know of.
"Oh come on Rae! Don't you put the blame on me!! Besides Lily was the first to mention him."