30 - A familiar face

We are at the penthouse. We've been here for almost a week and I've been in here every single day, locked up. Never in my life have I felt so bored and helpless. I'm sitting on my bed in this stupid room and nothing is happening. I have no idea what exactly Kris and Zeung are plotting and I can't leave this place in any possible way.

I decide to at least do something and go to Zeung's office.

"What a pleasant surprise, Aria," Zeung says when I enter.

I cross my arms.

"You're literally taking days from my life that I'm never getting back. And for absolutely no reason. I'm tired of staying here locked up like some princess in her tower," I say not bothering to hide my annoyance in my voice.

Zeung looks at me without saying anything. He doesn't seem fazed by my words. He holds up a cup.

"Would you like some tea? I hear this is good for stressed people like you," he smiles sarcastically.

I grow even angrier.

"Can you for one minute think about anything else but your stupid obsession with that stupid crystal?!"

His smile fades.

"I guess you're not appreciating any of my nice gestures for you so far. Is it because I got you a maid you don't understand? I can find you someone who speaks English if you want. Then I will however, have to fire her and she won't have a job or any way of helping her poor family. But you wouldn't have a problem with that would you?" He smirks.

"You're not firing her. She is not the problem. She might be one of the few nice things in this hellhole," I answer and leave.

I can't believe he's making me do this. And even threatening me with his own servants. What an idiot!

•••

At the dinner table, it's just like every other day. Zeung, Kris and I, at this huge overfilled table. Except that Zeung wants none of his men around the table while we eat anymore. A nice change, if you ask me.

I poke to the food on my plate with a spoon. How did my life become like this?

I bite my lip. This is ridiculous.

"Eat, Aria. We can't deliver a starving daughter to mr. Jackson now, can we?" Zeung says.

I glare at him. "Shut up."

"Zeung might sound like he's provoking you, but you should eat. So do it," Kris says.

"You know, just because you're the one telling me what to do, doesn't make me want to listen more. It actually makes me want to listen even less," I say harshly.

He doesn't respond and I don't care. I would have expected this from Zeung but never, and never, would I expect such betrayal from Kris. He was a part of EXO.

"You were supposed to be one," I whisper while looking down.

I feel his eyes on me.

"What did you say?"

I look at him. "I said-" before I can finish all the lights go off. "What's going on?"

"That's weird. Lights never go off by themselves here," I hear Zeung's voice say and someone getting up from their chair.

"What's going on? Get this crap fixed!," Zeung says loudly.

I slowly get up from my chair. I feel someone grab my arm and I gasp.

"Relax, it's just me," Kris said. I pull my arm away.

"Don't touch me. I'm not a kid who's afraid of the dark," I say and take a step away from him.