35 - It's business, man

The meeting ends and I see Baekhyun and and Dad shaking hands. I'm still shocked. I have not listened to anything at all.

As soon as I gather my stuff, Brandon grabs my arm a little tightly. I catch a glimpse of Baekhyun's eyes before Brandon pulls me outside.

"Brandon, let go. It hurts," I say and pull my arm away.

"Did you know about this? Did you know he's the new businessman? What the hell is he doing here?" Brandon asks, anger evident in his eyes. I furrow my eyebrows. Is he accusing me right now?

"What? No. I didn't know about any of it. I'm just as shocked as you are," I defend myself.

"I'm going to talk to mr. Jackson immediately about this. He's your kidnapper. No way in hell am I letting him work with our companies. That damn jerk. Did he really think he could get away with this?" he mumbles the last part to himself. Before he can leave, I grab his arm.

"Brandon, no. Don't do anything. Let me handle it," I say quickly. He raises an eyebrow.

"You want to handle this? How exactly do you plan on handling this, Aria?" Brandon asks.

I scoff. "It's my business, not yours. And it's my dad. I will talk to him. And to Baekhyun too," I say.

"It's also our business! We will work with him too, if you do. And you're not talking to that jerk," he says with a harsh tone.

"I don't like the way you're talking to me right now, Brandon. You stay out of this. I told you, that I will handle it. Don't you dare do anything or say anything to anyone about this or else I will never forgive you," I say and storm off.

The heck is Baekhyun doing here, anyway? I think as I walk to my Dad's office. I knock twice and walk in.

"Dad–" I start off but stop. Baekhyun is sitting there and talking with him. I can't believe my own eyes. What the hell is going on?

"Aria, hi. I was just talking with mr. Byun. His offer is so splendid, that we've already signed a deal. To show our respect and to work better together, I've given him an office in our company, so he can work here instead of having to drive back and fourth every time we have a meeting and such," Dad says with a very satisfied face.

"Uhm ..." I'm not sure what to say. I avoid looking at Baekhyun. "That's ... great."

I force a smile and finally look at him. He smiles, but not in a lovely way but a professional smile.

"I look forward to working with you miss Aria," he says and puts his hand in front of him, so I can shake it. I look at him for a short moment. i clear my throat and put a smile on my face.

"We look forward to working with you as well," I say and shake his hand. As much as I try, I can't ignore the feeling of his touch. His warm hand ... his voice ...

I look at Dad and he smiles.

"What did you want to tell me, Aria?" he asks. I shake my head.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm glad the meeting went well. Excuse me," I lie and leave the office. I lean against the wall.

"What am I going to do?" I mutter to myself. I walk to my office and enter it.

I need to talk to him before he bumps into Brandon. I sigh. I am happy to see him. I've missed him. But I shouldn't. I shouldn't miss him. How are we going to be together?

•••

I walk out of my office and look at my secretary. "Where is mr. Byun's office?"

"It's quite close yours, miss Aria. Just down the hall to the right," she answers and I nod as a thanks.