The Last Wish.

"Wo...actually Shikhar orphanage me mera koi intezaar kar raha hoga kal, and....I mean ....me obviously nahi ja pavunga...
Wo..uska bday hai kal....and he'l keep waiting for me...
Umm...l am sry to bother you with this Lt. Alekh, but kya aap ja kar use wish kar denge meri taraf se..??.."
He handed him a small scrap.
"Ispe uska naam n details hai along with the address of my house."

He looked at him with eyes that betrayed his extreme sadness behind the shameless smugness he had put forth, since the last few days.
His smile did not reach his eyes, when he commented in the flippant way he did, about his unability to go, as if it was a temporary thing, caused by an everyday cause.

"I am sry to bother you, he said again. I...i thought shayad aap samjh sako.....He is just a kid, I hope you wont let what I have done,come in between this." He said, midly, as if talking about the weather.

"I..that all i wanted to say."

He turned to face away from him.

Alekh had prepared himself mentally, when he chose to accept comming to meet him. However, he was, for once in his life, left stunned.

Here was Captain Shekhawat, having accepted the treason charges against him, having provided further details incriminating himself,(and with a smugness that had shocked everyone), waiting for his death sentence to take place tomorrow.

And this was the thing he was wishing for, as his last wish.