Chp 29, coz I can't think of a name.

Just then, a loud voice boomed over the chaos.
"Will someone tell me what in the name of goodness is going on over here?"

Everyone fell silent, and turned to see BC standing there, anger written on his face.

Raj to himself : "Now I am a goner. This has to be the shortest love story ever."
He gulped.

Naina had turned white.

It was Abhi however, who gathered up the courage to speak, after a few moments, sensing that nobody else had any intentions of explaining to BC, what was happening here.

Abhi : "Um...Sir...
Wo...actually...ham sab celebrate kar rahe the...kyunki..."

BC : "Saaf saaf kaho Captain, is tarah ki indiscipline ki kya wajeh hai."

Abhi gulped.
His courage was fast failing.
Abhi : "Wo, actually Sir....Raj...um..I mean..Captain Shikhawat..."

"Aisa kyu hota hai, ki jab bhi kuch gadbad hoti hai, Captain Shikhawat ka naam hamesha involved hota hai?
What is the matter this time?"
BC boomed, glaring at Raj, who was looking anywhere but towards him.

BC turned towards Abhi again, waiting for an answer.

Abhi : "Wo...Sir ham actually Captain Shikhawat aur Lt Singh ki...shaadi ki baat....celebrate kar rahe the."

Raj and Naina looked at each other, then opened their mouths to argue, at the same time, then closed them again, as no argument came to either of them.

Here they hadn't even confessed to each other, and what was Abhi blabbering to BC? Shaadi?

Their attention was diverted, however by BC's voice.

BC : "Oh, to ye baat hai."
Then, to everyone's surprise, he broke into a smile.
Walking up to a dazed Raj, he shook his hand.

"Congratulations Captain."
Then he added, his voice softer.
"May you receive all the happiness you deserve."

Raj looked up at him, unable to respond for a few seconds.
After all, what could he say?
Thankyou sir?
When he did not even know for sure, what Naina felt?
All he had, was Alekh's confession, after all.

He mumbled a response, which the Brigadier somehow accepted without question, smiled and left.
But not before looking and them, and booming : "Agar baat ye hai, so why did you stop?
By all means, continue."

Everyone erupted in cheers, oblivious to the fact, or wholeheartedly unconcerned, that Raj and Naina had not yet said a word to each other.

.....

Raj : "Wo....um..coffee?"

Naina who was as embarrassed, as jittery as he was, just shook her head.

Their friends had marched them to the mess, there to celebrate further.

Raj, unable to bear not talking to her, after about half an hour, and stood up, took her hand, and started to lead her out, amidst oooos and whoos from everyone.
He gave Huda and Abhi (who were the chief perpetuaters) a withering look, which silenced them into just quietly snickering, and led Naina away to his room, which they had just entered.

Just then, Naina noticed the annulment papers, which Raj had just kept on the table, after entering.

So he had been holding these papers all the while?
Did that mean what her friends had just said was a mistake?
If he wanted to annul their marriage, he obviously did not...love her.

Her eyes turned misty at this thought, and she looked up to see him staring at her.

But before she could say anything, Raj made her sit on the sofa, and sat on his knees on the ground, facing her, and gently took her hands in his.
She did not recoil from his touch, or trh to snatch them away.
That encouraged him.

Raj (closing his eyes, then opening them again, gathering courage) : "I....love you."

She could just stare at him, eyes still misty.

Raj : "I don't know...ki...hamare dosto ke...is drama se...tum gussa ho...ya..naraaz ho..ya.."
He stopped for a second.
"I just....know that...Chauhan saab aur Huda ne...jo bhi kaha...sach tha.
Aur...main...ye shayad..tumhe kehne me..bohot der laga deta."
He stopped again, realising how stupid that sounded.
"Par agar tumhe..."

Naina cut him (extremely softly) : "I...love you too."

Raj looked up to see her looking at him, relief and happiness evident in her eyes.

He got up to sit next to her on the sofa.
Next minute, he had her in a bone crushing hug.

Unlike their hug earlier that day, this time, she could feel him holding her with authority.
They remained like that, for a few moments, or for a long time. Time seemed to have lost relativity.

At last, they separated, both slightly embarrassed.

Raj (lightly, in his usual playful tone) "Um...I..know its late...aur kal tum ja rahi ho.."

He continued : "But...., wo kya haina, ki I am quite hungry...aur mess me to  wapas jane me kaafi khatra hai.."
He winked.
"Sooo...."

Naina : So?

Raj : "Sooo....lets go somewhere..."

Naina (blushing) : "Are you...asking me for a date?"

Raj (smiling, which made her heart skip) : "Wish I had done that a little earlier".

Naina giggled.
That widened his smile.

.....

Hiding from their friends, who would no doubt tease them to death if they found out about the date, they sneaked out of the academy, on his bike.

......