🗨🙋 Character Interviews 🗣💬

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the characters in this interview are those of the characters and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the book's author.

★☆★☆★☆

Lena: Welcome, everyone, to the interviews! Elias, Jay, thanks for agreeing to this.

Jay: Am I allowed to curse?

Lena: 🤔 I guess.

Jay: Trigger warning: Profanity ahead. 😉

Elias: Do we need to warn if they already read the book? And isn't "trigger" a bit too serious for profanity?

Jay: Everything's a trigger to someone these days. 🙄

Elias: 10 offended people just clicked out. 😑

Lena: 😑 Trigger warning: Jay ahead.

Jay: Oh, damn. I like that. 😏

Lena: Okay, only rule is Jay has to stay silent during questions directed at Elias.

Jay: 😲

Lena: Let's jump right into the questions.

Elias: I've had four girlfriends. The longest lasted six or seven months, probably because we barely ever saw each other.

😕 I'm not sure when. He was interesting, though. Really, his personality is both exhausting and intriguing. Whenever it was, that's probably what got me. I can't believe I'm dating someone like him. It's never boring, though. *level 2 smile*

Elias: With my past girlfriends, I kind of wished I did

Elias: With my past girlfriends, I kind of wished I did. With Jay, I don't feel the need. He's content with way I am and I don't even feel any barriers when we interact. He, Eran, and Bubba―and Riley when he bothers to pay attention to anyone besides Eran―don't see me superficially. They place a lot more value in my words and Eran can always tell when I'm being sarcastic.

I think it's worst in situations where other people are emotional. I had a student cry in the office once and had to make a conscious effort to look sympathetic. I did care, but she wouldn't have been able to tell if I hadn’t forced my expression.