Chapter 4

You were given a set of rules:

1. Do not eat Oliver's cupcakes.

2. Do not go in the basement.

3. Be care around Francois.

4. Do not leave with Matt or Al with you.

Those are the rules you had no choice but to follow. You feared if you disobeyed they would change their minds and send you to your dad. So you had an idea something your dad often said about you, out of sight out of mind, so if you were out of sight you can't get in to trouble by breaking rules. You hide under the bed of what you now knew was Matt's room. It was dirty but you were safe from punishment.

"Poppet, where are you?" Oliver called. "Francois have you seen (your name)?"

"What am I her keeper. No I haven't seen her."

"I can't find her. Oh dear I hope she didn't go out by herself."

You stay silent. You spend almost all day under the bed. Till you heard the front door open.

"(Your name) is gone!" Oliver cried.

"Oh great now we have to look for the brat." Al said.

"You look in our rooms." Matt said calmly.

"Of course." Oliver said, he had been in there but didn't bother to look under the bed.

You listened as footsteps came up the stairs.

"Al go look in your closet and under your bed for her." Matt said.

"Whatever." Al replied

You watch from your hiding place, Matt walks in, you follow him with your eyes as he walks to his closet. He opens the door then shuts it. He makes his way to the side of the bed he gets on his hands and knees.

"Hi Matt." You greeted.

"Come out from under there."

You do as your told.

"Why are you hiding?"

"So I don't get in trouble."

"Just put a bell on her, Matt." Al said from the doorway.

"Hi, Al." You gave him a small wave

"Oh you found her. We were so worried about you." Oliver suddenly hugged you and you stiffen up. He noticed and backed away.

"I could use your help feeding Kumujiro. Want to help me?" Matt offered.

"Kumujiro! Yeah." You followed Matt outside were Kumujiro was.

"(Your name), you don't have to hide all the time. Don't worry about getting in trouble."

"But I don't want to get hit for doing something wrong... oh Kumujiro!" You ran to him and hugged him. "You wouldn't hit me, would you?" You said talking to your bear friend.

Al had walked in the room,  he and Matt talked quietly while you were looking after Kumujiro.