Chapter 8

You had begged Matt not to leave you with Francois but he still left you alone with him anyway.

Francois never cared much for you nor you for him. It was a silent agreement to just not like each other but Matt told you to try to get along with him.

"Sooo you raised Matt and Al?"

"Yeah." He said plainly.

You couldn't help but smirk.

"This is how I'll get Al back for stealing my cookie."

"What was Al like when his was little?"

A pounding at the door interrupted put an end to the conversation.

"Open the door." A male voice calls through the door.

"We know you have the girl." Another says.

"Wait, people are looking for me their going to take me away. Their going to take me back to dad."

Francois suddenly picked you up, throwing you over his shoulder and ran down to the basement. It was dark you could make out several tables with things laying on them. He ran through the basement to another door. He swung open the metal door and you were outside. Voices shouted some calling your name.

"Francois?"

"Stat quiet, kid or I'll let them take you."

"I'm scared. I want to stay with Matt and the others."

You clamped your lips shut and gripped Francois's shirt in your tiny fists.