Chapter 5

After your breakfast of pancakes. Oliver, Matt and Francois left it was just you and Al. You sat in the upstairs hallway starring at the wall, while Al was in his room. Matt's bedroom was now locked so you couldn't hide in there and you didn't dare to go into Francois' room or Oliver's.
He stepped out of his room and saw you.

"You know how to play baseball?" Al asked.

"No."

"Alright, I'll teach you." He gabbed your hand and pulled you outside. He put a bat in your hand.

"OK, listen up. I'm going to throw you the ball you are going to hit the ball with the bat, got it."

"Got it."

He threw the ball but miss horribly. The ball rolled back and stopped at his feet.

"Keep your eye on the ball."

"Eye on the ball." You repeated.

He threw the ball again this time you hit it. The ball flew over his head. He stood there and watched as it flew out of sight.

"Damn, girl."

You thought he was mad at you.

"I-I'm sorry. I'll go find it." You took off running in the direction it flew.

"Hey, wait. Forget about it. It too dangerous." He grabbed your arm. On instinct you flinch expecting to be hit.

"Don't be so jumpy. The balls gone don't worry about it."

"But..."

"I said don't worry bout it. I told Matt I would look after you. So stick with my don't go running off on your own."

"OK."

"Let's get some lunch."

He dragged you back in the house. He fixed (favorite lunch food) for you.

"Want to watch cartoons?"

"Sure."

The two of you sat in front of the tv watching cartoons.

"I'm tired."

You started to doze off but woke yourself. You tried to fight it but you just gave in and fell asleep.

When the others got home you and Al was asleep on the couch. He was laying on the couch with you sleeping on top of his chest.  His arm around you protectively.