Same Dream

The Doctor wakes up on the console floor.  He’s in the TARDIS.  Emilee walks into the room. 

“Days…”  Confused, the Doctor slowly gets up to his feet. “What? No, yes, sorry, what?” He spins around looking at the TARDIS.  Then he notices Emilee and runs up to her.  Giving her a big hug “Oh, you're okay. Oh, thank goodness. I had a terrible nightmare about you. That was scary.”  He gives her one last tight hug before he lets go.

“Is everything okay Doctor?”   

“Don’t ask. You don't want to know. You're safe now and that’s the most important thing.”  He hugs her again, overcome with joy that she is okay. 

“Oh okay,”

“That's what counts.”  He lets go of her.  “Blimey. Never dozed off like that before. Well, not in ages at least.  I'm getting a bit nutty, you see. Don't let the cool act fool you.”  He winks.  Suddenly the lights to the TARDIS console start to flash.  The Doctor runs up to it.  “Now, what's wrong with the console? Oooh! Red flashy lights. I bet that mean something.”

The Doctor fiddles with the TARDIS.

“Er, um…. Doctor?”

“Yes?

“I-I also had a kind of dream thing.”

She walks over the Doctor who is working on the TARDIS.

“It was also a nightmare…. we were in the hospital.”

The Doctor stops working.

“I was really sick…. And you came to visit me…. I think we were talking about birds”

“I had a dream you were in the hospital too.”  Said the Doctor slowly.

“What happened to us in your nightmare?” 

“It was a bit similar in some areas.”

“What areas?” 

“Well, all of them.”

“You had the same dream?”

“Basically.”

“How can we have the same dream?  It doesn’t make any sense.”

Suddenly the same loud beeping from the hospital machines rings loud again. 

“Doctor?  If we are awake, how come I can still hear the hospital machines?  It’s the same ones we heard in the….”  Emilee trails off as she falls to the ground.  Again they are asleep.  The scenery changes back into the Hospital room.