Take Me Back

The scene is now back to the Hospital. 

“Doctor please, I’m so tired of this.  I just want everything to all be over.”  Emilee starts coughing once more but this time it’s a lot worse.  After a few seconds the Doctor realizes she can’t stop. 

“Emilee!”  The Doctor panics, looking around everywhere for anything that might help.  Nothing.   Then he remembers his invisible TARDIS.  Perhaps something in there will help.  yet when he goes to where it last was it’s gone.  He searches every Last Square of the room all the while Emilee is gasping for air.  It’s gone.  So stressed he didn’t even notice the silence.  The coughing stopped.  He rushes over to his companion while the machines hooked up to her have one continuous beep.  This time it’s not for a dream change.  The Doctor Holds his companion’s lifeless body in his arms, muttering.  “No no this can’t be how it ends!”  He hugs her tight as endless tears stream down his face.  “Come back please!”  He cries even harder, rocking back and forth with the girl in his arms.  “Don’t. Go.  I will never see you again!”  He’s hysterical, so heartbroken.  His face looks like it implodes as if some of the important bone structure is whipped out.  Poor Doctor.

The Door opens.

“Hello, peasants.  What’s this, a grown man crying like an insolent child?  Oh no wait there’s more.”  He snaps his fingers and pops up right next to the Doctor.  “Aww, Did the Doctor’s little earth girl meet her deadly danger. Hmm, look how fragile the insignificant human life can be.  Gone so quickly.  Perhaps too quickly.  It’s just ridiculous really.”  He leans in close to the dead girl.  “Look at her.  This has got to be the dream, hasn’t it?  What do you think Doctor?  Let’s all jump off a cliff and wake up in the TARDIS.  She can go first.” 

The Doctor’s had enough. 

“Leave her alone!”

The Dream Lord rolls his eyes.  “Do that again.  I love it when you do that.  Tall dark hero.”  He imitates the Doctor’s vice.  “Leave her alone.”

The Doctor shakes with anger.  “Just. Leave. Her.” 

“Now where’s the fun in that?”

“Stop it. Just, just stop it!” 

“No. I don’t think I will.”

“I know who you are…. I’ve always known.  There’s only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do.”

The Doctor leaps to tackle the small man yet goes right through him.

“Seriously, how pathetic are you?”

The Doctor stands.

“Give her back!  Right now!”

“Oh you know I can’t do that.” 

The Doctor stands there struggling not to cry. 

“Oh Doctor, just let it out.  It’s like you once said before.  Better a broken heart then no heart at all.”  He begins to laugh evilly.  “You should see the look on your face.” 

“Take me back.”

“What was that?”

“I said take me back!” 

“Now why would you want that?  You’ll be a popsicle.”

“Because….  Perhaps there….. She could still be…. A-alive.  There’s a chance I can save her!

“Oh Doctor, Doctor….  How many lives are you going to take because of chance?  Think of all the other’s you’ve failed.  You’re worthless!” 

There is a small silence.

“It’s worth a try….”

“Fine!  Have it your way Mr. Bossy.”  With a snap of his fingers the Doctor wakes up back in the TARDIS.  A frozen Emilee asleep right next to him.  There’s a thick layer of ice over everything.  Emilee’s covered in frost and not waking up, though…. She’s breathing.  Thank goodness.