The Cry of her Doctor

The Doctor quickly gets up and wraps all the oversized clothes around her tightly.  After that he rushes over to the TARDIS consol. 

“Come on old girl, please work.”  The Doctor goes crazy on the TARDIS.  Flipping every last switch and turning every last knob and pulling every lever.  Nothing.  He tried his Sonic Screwdriver fiddling with everything that he could.  There was no affect.  After a while The Doctor Stopped.  Defeated.  He walks over to Emilee.  Still breathing. 

Suddenly he falls to his knees in despair. 

“I’m Sorry!  I’m so so sorry!”  He collapse to the ground overpowered by sorrow.  His eyes overflowing with endless tears sliding down his cheeks, dropping onto the TARDIS floor.  “I’m sorry I couldn’t save you!” 

A few seconds passed, yet in that moment something strange was happening.  For towards the upper part of the console there was one very small blue light flashing.  Then after that another one started to flash until soon it started a pattern.  The TARDIS waking up to the Cry of her Doctor. 

The Doctor feels a soft rumbling.  He opens his eyes.  Getting to his feet he spins around.  Looking at a full working TARDIS!   

A smile hits his tear stained face.  “Old girl you’re absolutely fantastic!”  The Doctor Runs over to the TARDIS controls.  Overcome with Joy.  This is where he does his magic.  Quickly setting up the coordinates to the TARDIS.  He laughs in triumph as he hits the final switch.  The TARDIS takes off.  Leaving the frozen waste land.

“So, you chose this world….  Well done.  You got it right.  And with only seconds left.  Now, let’s warm you up.”  Suddenly all the ice is gone, leaving the feeling of a warm bath in the air.  “I hope you had fun on our little adventure.”  He chuckles, “it all came out of your imagination after all.”  The Doctor turns to face the Dream Lord, yet no one was there. 

Imagine if the darkest dimensions of your subconscious took a form.  Its own life.  Including the innermost thoughts and doubts about the course of your life, filled with self-loathing, guilt, pride, and selfishness.  That…. Is what became Dream Lord.  Our darkest selves.