18

I was woken up by loud bangs on my door, and Tama enthusiastically yelling for me to get up.

"Shut UP!" I yelled in response, pulling a pillow onto my face.

"We have school today, you need to get up!" Tama trilled loudly. "Also, Kyoya told me to tell you that he's giving us a ride to school."

"I'm walking with Astral, though!"

"Kyoya says he's... 'already taken that preprecaution'!"

"Are you on the phone with him right now?!"

"... Yes. Are you mad?"

I walked out of my bedroom, slightly angry. Tama looked sad. I held out my hand. "Give me the phone."

"Here!" Tama said, speaking slightly, and placing the phone in my hand.

I brought the phone to my ear. "Listen to me, I'm going to take my time getting up this morning. So, you're going to pick Astral up first, and THEN you're going to pick my brother and I up."

"Good morning to you, too." Kyoya said cooly, amused. "Sleep well?"

"Fine." I said, and handed the phone back to Tama. I got dressed, ate, and mentally prepared myself to not be irritable for school.

"Let's go, Tsuneko!" Tama exclaimed, pulling me towards the front door. "Kyoyas here! Aren't you excited to go back to school?"

"Eh, it's so-so." I answered, managing to close the door behind Tama and me. My brother pulled me into the limo that was pulled up to the front of the house.

"Hey," Astral greeted, looking slightly irked. "Ootori kidnapped me. Do you have an explanation?"

"Not really." I said innocently. Astral briefly eyed me suspiciously, but didn't say anything else. The rest of the ride was filled with the chatter of Tamaki. After a few minutes, the limo pulled up to Ouran, and we began filing out.

"Tsuneko," Kyoya said to me once we had stepped out of the limo, "could I please briefly speak to you? Privately." Kyoya shot Tama a look.

"Sure," I answered. My brother and friend walked off, Tama not disguising his curiosity well.

Kyoya had his hands behind his back, and was standing up stiffly. He cleared his throat awkwardly, and began talking. "Tsuneko, I was wondering if you'd fancy going out with me tonight for a date. There will be dinner, and a commoners' drive-in show." Kyoya held out a light purple rose, and I felt my face heat up.

I took the rose, and looked up at Kyoya. He looked nervous, which was surprising. I smiled reassuringly, and nodded my head. "I'd love to!"

Kyoya's shoulders relaxed, and he smiled. "Perfect. I will be picking you up at 7:30."

"That works!" I said, still smiling uncontrollably.

"May I walk you to class, now?" Kyoya held out his hand, and I took it, my heart fluttering around.