Chapter 8

Janessa

My head was pounding and I felt entirely too nauseous. I looked around and figured out my hands were bound against a tree. Leon was next to me and his head was lolled against my shoulder. I started to nudge him with my shoulder and he started to wake up. I was over the moon with the feeling that he kissed me but Im still a little confused why I punched him. If we tend to kiss more I hope that doesn't happen.

His gorgeous blue eyes began to flutter open and he started to look around. His gaze fell upon me and his eyebrows furrowed in curiosity. "Where are we?" he asked. I began to wriggle against the tree when something came. It was Arthur. He was taller than Leon and Leon was pretty tall; he's gotten stronger, too, veins popped out of his arms. His dark hair contrasted with his eerie gold eyes. Unplanned hate boiled in my chest towards him. Where are we?" I asked trying to make my eyes look like daggers. He had a sick, twisted smile on his face and he strolled around us like a predator viewing his prey. "Some place... special." He said. Leon gave him an annoyed look and said,"Arthur. Tell us." He gave a sarcastic surprises look and shrugged. We heard a monster prowling somewhere close and I began to panic. "Oh, that reminds me. I need to go so could you guys fight the monster." he turned and left us.

"Where's our backpacks!?!" Leon said squirming around to loosen the rope. A wave of nausea hit me and made my fingers tremble. I had a knife in my back pocket so I began to shake my knife free. I couldn't hold it because my fingers were shaking so bad. Leon took and began cutting the rope with one hand.

We heard stomping with four paws and a feral growl. The shaking intensified and Leon's cutting grew faster. The creature became visible; it had a head of a lion, the poor monster had another head shooting out it's neck that consisted of a goat. It was a Chimera. I remember reading something about a snake but I don't know where it is. "Leon?!?! Are you about finished with the cutting?" The monster prowled closer and the cutting was almost finished. The chimera was coming closer to us when I heard the knife hitting the wood. I gave a victorious cry and rolled from the tree just in time because the Chimera rammed into the tree. Leon yelped out of surprise as it brushed up against him. As it brushed against him Leon had time to jam the knife into the monster's shoulder. It swung out in self-defense and tore into Leon's shirt and skin. He cried out in pain and fell backwards clutching his stomach.

I regret rolling away because that intensified the dizziness. Now the monster was done with Leon-who was now on the ground in pain-it was directing it's attention to me. My hands were shaking as I was searching for anything I could use as a weapon. With my luck, I couldn't find anything. I shot water from my hand and it hit the monster in the face angering it. It charged towards me in rage as I felt a slight tremor. On instinct, my hands were placed on the ground and the trembling grew heavier. A roll of nausea hit me almost making me vomit but I didn't stop. The Earth began to shake and split dropping the Chimera in the fault below it. I sat up panting feeling shiverish with sweat stinging into my eyes. I looked down and saw nothing of the monster so it died and went Tartarus.

Leon moaned softly as I crawled along the crevice towards him. When I got there I just thought it was a bruising spot on his stomach but then I realized his orange shirt was splattered with his blood. I rolled him on his back and propped him on a tree. "That was amazing." Leon sputtered. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and lifted up his shirt. "I didn't know I could do that!" I said examining Leon's wounds. There were four deep cuts going across the center of his muscled stomach. The skin surrounding his cuts were a sickly green which terrifies me because it could suggest poison.

Knowing that he would bleed out soon I looked for something to stop it. I resided to using my t-shirt. Looking down, I wished I wore a cuter bra because I chose to wear a sports-bra because I didn't know that I was going to be shirtless. I pressed my shirt to his wounds as he jolted up painfully. I tied the rope that we cut around his stomach to fasten and press my shirt to his wound to keep it there. I helped him up and set him so he's leaning on my shoulder. By the way things were looking, I needed to get him to camp quickly.

-----------*The setting and characters belong to Rick Riordan. Sorry if it's later Lovelies!*