Chapter 12

As soon as she died the battle seemed to slow and time stood still. I gripped her head screaming and pleading for her to come back. I brushed her lips with a sinking feeling in my chest. "Who knew that that would be our last kiss." I whispered. Her green/grey eyes are still open looking upwards into the sky. She told me that her mom was a daughter of Athena so she inherited her knowledge and some of her eye color. Her eyes had the mutation, Central Heterchromia. Grey was surrounding her pupils and green was rimming the grey. They are so full life like they were the see themselves in the middle of a hurricane that that was destroying small villages.

I don't understand why I keep talking about her in present tense but that's the funny thing about death. It changes is to was, am to was, are to were. It changes the people who didn't die also. People have died in my arms before but this time it was different because Janessa is-I mean was the type of person who left marks on people.

I felt a light hand fall on my shoulder so I looked back to see Jenny. I set Jana down and turned to Jenny expecting to calm her down. She looked up at me with tears shining in her bright green eyes. She was trying too hard not trying to cry but I knew she wanted to. I noticed that the battle began to thin out and the eidolons began to leave. A chill went through me because I knew that the meaning of this battle was to kill me or Janessa. It could've been me. It should've been me.

I turned around and began to walk away from the finished battle with Jenny trailing behind me. There wasn't supposed to be this much death. I walk into the infirmary to see if I could halt any more death but then I became disgusted by stares I was receiving. Looks of sympathy, compassion, I don't want any of that. I want her back.

Jenny and I walk out of the infirmary but I want to ignore Jenny. "Leon..." She peeped quietly. "Leave me alone!" I snap at her. She takes a step back with tears leaking out of her eyes. I turn around not looking at her face and walk to my cabin. I slam the door wanting to be alone and away from everybody else.

----------------------------------------------Sorry for the short update! Thank you all very much for reading this mess we call a story! I couldn't have done without you! 😘