Chapter 9

Leon

I wish I remained in shock from Janessa's fight with the Chimera because it blocked the stinging feeling of my wounds. She looked down at me with her beautiful green eyes full of worry. Her face was dripping with sweat and she was pale. I imagine I look worse but I try not to look at myself at the time.

Jana had her t-shirt pressing against my cuts with rope and made it uncomfortable. I tried not to notice the no shirt thing but it's hard to not notice when you're getting dragged by her. I try to help by shuffling my feet but I get tired and feel dizzy so Jana tells me to relax. My body tenses up with every movement and Janessa feels it. She picks up her pace only by a little bit. I feel like I could collapse any moment. My long legs are trembling and I couldn't keep my head up so it's in the crook of her neck. Sweat it dripping down from neck and splashing my shirt but I feel freezing. The summer's heat wasn't helping.

"Thank the gods." Janessa muttered under her breath as we came closer to the Camp's border. My shirt was soaked in my own blood and my thoughts were muddled by pain and blood-loss. My breath is labored as my knees give out. I see Jana panicking.

I wake on Camp Half-Blood's beach close to the lapping water. There was frost on my fingers and ice crystals in my hair. I was wearing the same clothes though, my bloody tee-shirt was in shreds and my jeans were spattered with mud. Sand was plastered to my arms as curiosity was nagging at the back of my mind. I sat up slowly and lifted up my shirt to reveal faint white scars were where my cuts were.

I heard an earsplitting scream and began to take off in that direction. I sprint across the beach to find a girl. Her name was Jenny. I recognized her with no effort because she looked exactly like Janessa. Her dark hair was fanned out around her head with her tank-top soaked with blood. Her lower lip was quivering and veins were cast around her sea-green eyes. I picked up her body trying to help her but nothing was working. I yelled in frustration as her eyes were losing life and she took her last breath. My breath fell short as if I died with her but I didn't. Did I take my last breath? I wonder. Janessa comes sprinting towards me with panic visible in her face. She see Jenny's lifeless body in her arms and gasps. "What have you done to her?!?" She says raising her voice. "Jana! I swear I didn't do anything to her!" I reply. "It's all your fault. " She whispered looking horrified. She keeps on saying it until she is screaming it and she begins to pulls out a knife. The screaming intensifies until my ears are ringing as she slams the knife into my chest.

----------------------------------------------*The setting and characters belong to Rick Riordan. Sorry if it's later Lovelies!*