Haunting Past

((Possible Tord singing voice? ^^^))

Your POV

This is torture. Well, sort of. Edd and Matt seem to be enjoying themselves, and honestly, my head hurt from all the noise. I flinched from earning a nudge on the arm from Tom, who looked surprised from my reaction.

"Jeez, you alright, (Y/N)?" Tom asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Y-yea," I stuttered, "I-it's just loud i-is all." I put my hands in the pocket in my black hoodie as we continued walking through the crowds of people. Tord was getting too close to me every few steps and stood behind me at every booth we stopped by. While playing one of the dart game, something caught my gave. Sitting on one of the prize shelves was a black wolf with deep blue eyes. Grim's eyes. As I took a step back, frightened by the stuffed toy, I bumped into Tord and he caught me in his arms.

"Is something wrong..?" he asked as he rested his hands on my shoulders.

"J-just," I stuttered, "Just a m-memory." Confused, he looked around then gaze at the toy wolf and sighed.

"I suppose the screams aren't helping either," he muttered, wrapping his arms around me again. We continued walking around till we reached one of the high swing rides and I tugged on Tord and Edd's arms.

"Can we go on that?! Please! Pretty please!" I asked like a child on their first day at the fair. Tord gave me a surprised look from my quick recovery while Edd chuckled and pet my head.

"Sure, let's go."

"Yay!" I cheered then started dragging Tord towards the short line, "C'mon, Tord! Come with me!" He snickered at how childish I was acting then followed.

"Not like I have a choice, (Y/N)." I smiled at him the hurried to one of the swings and locked myself in. Tord, for once, locked into the seat next to me with a focused expression on his face. Honestly, he looked too focused and that's what bothered me. It makes me feel like I did something wrong. When the ride started to function, Tord didn't even flinch as his swing moved forward slightly. As we were brought higher, I started to feel...lighter. Like nothing could hold me down anymore. This was a feeling I had forgotten while I was in the Black Army and I didn't want it to fade. Unfortunately, like all thing, it ended along with the ride which left me clutching the key that was around my neck. It was going away anytime soon.

"(Y/N)?" I jumped slightly after getting out of the swing and felt the touch of Tord's hand on my shoulder then turned to him, seeing the concerned look in his eyes, "Are you alright?" I sighed the looked back at the swing as we walked away.

"I'm ok," I replied, "When are we going to eat?"

"Depends what the others want." I hummed at Tord's reply, looking at the people around us. They seemed...too happy...too naive. I can't judge them, though. They're all probably trying to clear their minds, too. Then, through multiple crowds, I saw something- no, someone. Down a row of booths stood a two people wearing the Black Army uniform. Fear was the first feeling to take control as I took Tord's hand and started rushing through the crowd to get away from my past.

I can't go back...

"(Y/N)."

I don't want to go back..!

"(Y/N)..!"

I CAN'T GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!

"(Y/N)!" I froze to Tord standing in front of me with his hands on my shoulders, "Jeez, what's gotten into yo- wha- Hey!" I had wrapped my arms around him tightly, trembling out of fear.

"Don't let them find me, please, I can't go back there- Tord, he'll use me again- he'll make me kill- I can't, I can't, I can't-" Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I buried my face into Tord's chest. He let out a heavy sigh before turning around and carrying me on his back.

"Let's go meet up with the others," he spoke softly as he started walking.