Hush Money

"Are you sure you want me to come with you?" said Justin, grabbing my hand.

"I'm positive." I said.

"I know money isn't important to you, Cassy, but he should pay for what he did to you. What about the prenup?"

"We never signed a prenup, " I said.

"You didn't...what?" Justin said in disbelief.

"He...he told me he believed that we would be together forever. He didn't think I would marry him if he asked me to sign one." I said. Justin paused for a long while before he spoke.

"Do you...really believe he loved you?"

"I don't know." I said honestly.

Justin stopped asking questions and we walked out of my condo. He drove me to my lawyer's office and we both got out, walking into the building. I had noticed Jeremy's car out front and my heart started beating a mile a minute. When we reached the waiting room Justin stopped me.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to be in the same room with him." he said.

"Yes. I'm sure." I said.

"I'll be right here. I love you." he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you, too."

I walked into the room and Jeremy was sitting there with his lawyer. He didn't speak to me. He just stared at me as our lawyers spoke to each other. I tried my hardest not to look at him, but when I did I felt a deep sadmess. Maybe he really was in love me. Maybe he just didn't know how to love me. I knew it was wrong to make excuses, but I was completely sure I was going to spend my entire life with this person. This person who abused and cheated on me. This person that regardless of those very important factors I still might believe is in love with him. I thought about Justin sitting outside waiting for me and warmth washed over my body. Suddenly it didn't matter what happened with Jeremy or if he was, in fact, in love with me. 

"So we agree on 50 million?"

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"50...what?" I said in disbelief.

"$50 Million dollars. Mr. Ford agrees this is a fair amount."

"Jeremy...why?" I said searching his face for answers.

"Just take it, Cassy. I'm sorry. For everything." he said.

10 minutes later the papers were signed and Jeremy and his lawyer walked out of the room. I sat there in disbelief. 50...million...dollars. Were mine. In my bank account. I was having a hard time breathing. I mean I knew he had a lot of money but...not enough to just give me that much of it. Is it hush money? I thanked my lawyer and walked out the room to Justin. He grabbed my hand and led me to the car before he drove us back to my condo.

"Hey. I love you, ok?" said Justin as we stepped into my living room. 

"I love you, too." I said, smiling for what seemed like the first time in years.

Justin came towards me and kissed me for the first time in weeks. He kissed me deeply and passionately. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck as he was almost lifting me off the ground in his embrace. When he finally pulled away from me I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

"Let's pop open this bottle of champagne then," he said walking into the kitchen.

Suddenly I burst into tears.

"What's wrong?"

"It's over. It's finally over. I'm free, Justin. I get to be free."

Justin pulled me close to his chest and I started sobbing.

A month passed and Justin had been spending almost every night in my apartment. Not that I was objecting to it at all. While we had resumed kissing each other when we felt so inclined, we still hadn't had sex. Lately I found myself giving him longer glances when he was half naked, and my mouth started watering whenever he was wearing sweatpants. 

"Cassy!" I heard Justin's voice in my living room.

"What?" I screamed back.

"I have a surprise for you!"

"Hold on I'm getting dressed!"

I pulled on a tshirt and jeans, wondering what he had in store for me now. He had already bought me a million flowers and promised me a trip to Paris in the summer. I was afraid I was going to go on romance overdrive. There were headlines everywhere about Justin's mistress. I felt bad about most of them, but when I looked at Justin none of that seemed to matter. I had him. And that meant more to me than anything in else in the world. I walked out of my room, down the hall, and into the living room, where Justin's back was facing me.

"What do you want?"

He turned around and cradled at his chest was a small French bulldog puppy with a soft red bow around it's neck.

"Justin. Oh my god! He's so cute!" I said as Justin handed him to me. I lifted him up to my face and he started licking me as I giggled.

"I know that you've never had a pet, but you love Bren and Buck so I thought maybe you'd prefer a companion for when I'm not here. I'll help you train him." said Justin with a giant smile on his face.

"Justin, you didn't have to do this."

"He doesn't have a name yet."

"I get to name him too? Hmm...let's name him...Blue."

"Why Blue?"

"He'll be named after our song."

Justin leaned over and kissed me softly.

"I think that's a perfect name."

Justin had a meeting to get to about new music he was making and I decided to take Blue for a walk. I had a plan up my sleeve. I drove to Beverly Hills and into one of those exclusive lingerie shops. For the next 2 hours I tried on tons of lingerie sets, while all the sales girls played with Blue. Finally, I settled on a black lace bralette and matching black lace thong. I bought a matching robe and thigh high stocking with a garter belt. Looking at the full look in the mirror, I was extremely happy. It had been months since I'd gotten laid, and I was done putting it off.