Chapter 4

Kingsman HQ

The nine recruits stood at ease in the garden that the Kingsman HQ overlooked. They were all dressed in pinstriped jumpsuits, white undershirts and dark brown boots. Eggsy's jumpsuit was light brown, Roxy's jumpsuit was dark grey and Chloe's jumpsuit was black.

In front of the nine recruits, there were nine cages in a pyramid shape. Four cages at the bottom row, three on the middle and two at the top. All nine cages had different breeds of puppies inside them; purebred, hybrid, mix, everything.

Merlin was watching the trainees from the balcony. Irene was also standing next to him. On that day, she was dressed in a navy blue pinstriped suit, a white undershirt, a navy blue and white pinstriped tie, navy blue pants and black heels, with her red hair pulled back in a high ponytail and her glasses on her eyes. A white and tan, purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was playing with a toy on the ground next to Irene.

"As some of you will have learned last night, teamwork is paramount here at Kingsman." Merlin started speaking. "We're here to enhance your skills, test you to the limit. Which is why you're gonna pick a puppy." Irene then took over.

"Wherever you go, your dog goes. You will care for it. You will teach it. And by the time it's fully trained, so will you be." Merlin started speaking again.

"Those of you who are still here, that is. Do you understand? Choose your puppy." With that command, Irene picked her dog up and left the building while the nine recruits went to choose a puppy.

Eggsy and Chloe both made it to the cages after half of the puppies were chosen already. Eggsy's eyes caught a pug and he quickly took the cage that contained the small dog in it. Chuckling at Eggsy's choice, Chloe looked over at the cages once again. And, she suddenly saw a beautiful dog. A German Shepherd and wolf mix, with gray, light brown, black and white fur stared up at Chloe with big, beautiful, amber eyes. Chloe loved wolf mixes; she always wanted to raise one but her mother was allergic to dogs and her college dorms didn't allow her to raise one. She didn't think Kingsman would have these types of dogs.

"Come on baby." She said softly to the dog. "Let's get you out of here." With that, she unlocked the cage and pulled the puppy out. After Merlin handed all of them collars and leashes, Chloe put the collar around the puppy's neck and secured the leash as well.

Merlin then began handing out papers for the recruits. The papers contained information on how to train and care for their dog breed. As Merlin saw Chloe's choice, he had an impressed look on his face.

"I didn't think you would notice him. We always had wolf mixes in there, but they were usually taken last because they were always mistaken to be the other breed they were mixed with." Chloe smiled lightly.

"I love wolves and I love German Shepherds. So, it's a win-win situation for me." Nodding happily, Merlin handed Chloe her own paper. She heard Eggsy scoff a little from her left.

"A poodle?" Looking over to where Eggsy was also looking, a slight laugh escaped Chloe as she also saw the tight looped black curls. She couldn't even see the puppy's face.

"What?" Roxy asked as she stood up straighter. "They're gun dogs. Oldest working breed. Easy to train. Whoa, German Shepherd?" Roxy looked over at Chloe's dog.

"Not exactly. German Shepherd and wolf mix. Training requires a lot of time and patience, but I can handle it. And, when they reach adolescence, they actually start showing their wolf traits." Chloe smiled proudly at her dog before the two girls looked over at Eggsy's pug.

"A pug?" Roxy asked. Eggsy looked surprised.

"It's a bulldog, innit?" Chloe let out a small laugh and Roxy looked at the pug first before giving Eggsy an 'are you serious?' look. Eggsy's face became sullen in realization.