Duel?: •10•

A/N: Sworry, I held the last 2 chapters back from you because I didn't have time to edit them!! Thank you for 100 reads!! I feel crazy getting these chapters out so fast...I need to slow down.

Also, there is violence in this chapter. So, anyone who is sensitive to that might want to skip this chapter and jump to the next one.
Enjoy.

(Alexander's POV)

I can't believe Laurens is actually doing this. He just got in a yelling fit with Lee and challenged him to a fight in the parking lot at about 4:30.

When he told me he was gonna fight for me
(Sorry...second reference...I need to stop.)
His emerald eyes just sparkled. He was so pleased to help me, yet he looked so full of regret. Was he scared to fight for some reason or what?

4:15 arrived and I met up with a nervous Laurens.

Just a side note, his hair is so cute. I wanted to bounce a loose stand hanging by his ear. Hehe it's just so fluffy and soft. Like you could pet his hai- Sorry!! I don't know what I'm thinking.

We made our way to the parking lot. My jaw nearly dropped to see the one and only Aaron Burr standing next to Lee. He was gonna be Lee's second?! How did Charles swing that one?

"Aaron Burr being here is so unhistorically accurate..." Laurens mumbles under his breath.

"What?!" I asked, beyond confused.

"Oh- nothing!" He chirped with a bit of a sing-songy tone.

Laurens proudly made his way over to Lee. They shot glares at each other. Time for me to talk crap over with Burr.

I slowly made my way over to the tall dark-skinned man.

"Aaron Burr, Sir." I called to him with a grin on my face.

"Alexander!" He sounded..excited to see me? Like we were best friends or something. How did he know my name?! Did Lee tell him or something?!

"Can we agree this fight is dumb and immature?" He added with a commanding but sincere smile.

"Sure. But-," I began but I was instantly cut off by Laurens.

"Stop quoting the musical!!" He groaned.

Burr and I looked at each other confused then looked back at Laurens. What was he talking about? What musical?

Aaron and I talked for a few moments, but we couldn't come to a solid agreement.

Lee got tired of waiting, "Forget it, Burr! Just let me fight him!"

"But Lee-," Aaron tried to convince Charles Lee to back out of the fight

"No, Burr!" He growled, glaring at Laurens.

I instantly came to John's side.

"Are you sure about this? You can back out.."

Honestly, I didn't want him to back out. I wanted him to absolutely wreck Lee's face. But, at the same time I cared about him and his safety. Charles could be rough and the last thing I want is for Laurens to get hurt. This was my fight after all and if Laurens got injured during it I could never forgive myself.

"No, It's okay, Alexander. I can wreck this guys faster than I wreck the fourth wall!"

Once again, I will never understand this boy. What does that even mean?