Chapter 14

"5 more minutes." I spoke to my alarm as if it was a human that would respond. But I can't do anything to stop my alarm anymore. I need to face the fact that there are little sacrifices that lead to big successes. Yeah, waking up could be the worst thing in being a student, but seeing Tina would be the best. A good morning for me, I guess.

A week has already passed, Tina and I are still in good, well best condition. We had arguments of course, but only because we can't decide on where to eat, or because I forgot to buy her this and that. Nothing more. So far, I am really glad with her, and I hope this would last till the end. I love her so much, I really do.

I took a quick shower, making sure that I'm clean. I don't take too much time in choosing what to wear, everything suits me. I took a final look in the mirror and smiled in content. Band shirt and skinny jeans. Not bad.

A few meters away, Tina's house is already in sight. Since last week, Tina and I go to school together, and I have no complains with that.

"Good Morning, Mr.Williams, Is Tina ready yet?" I spoke in a polite manner to Tina's dad. The same nerve of nervousness hit me. It was the third time that Mr.Williams opened the door for me. "Yes, he is, son. Go to her room, she's there." He smiled at me after. Tina must be very lucky for having a kind dad.

As instructed, I went upstairs to her room, seeing her doing her make up. "Good Morning, love." She stood up after she grabbed her bag and took a quick peck on my lips. "You're so addicted to my lips. Ha" I laughed after and she punched me lightly on my shoulder. "Let's go Cal."

As usual, we sat down beside each other in Literature Class. It's the only class that we're in together. Soon after, the teacher arrived and we listened attentively to him. Suddenly, I felt Tina's hand on mine, and I did not hesitate to tangle my fingers. I told you, school is the best.

"What plans do you have later?" Tina asked after the class ended. "I don't know yet, I'll just wait you there, at the gate." I said, smiling. "Okay," Then before I knew it, she kissed me again. I won't see her for 6 hours. I frowned at the thought.

*

6 hours felt like 12 hours without Tina. Luckily, the bell rang, making everyone unleash the cheetahs in them. Well, except for me. I know, I'm excited as hell to see her, but I don't want to drown in a sea of people. After five or six minutes, I went out of the building, seeing her standing there. "I thought you would be the one waiting for me." She said, walking to me. "Sorry." I smiled at her. I hugged her so tight because I missed her. Six hours felt like six decades. After the drama, we went out of the school, with our fingers tangled. "So, where are we going?" She asked. "You'll see."

I actually don't know where to go, I really don't know where I'll take her. We've already tried almost all diners here. After a long walk through the streets, I've finally decided where to go.

We stumbled upon a huge green lawn, embellished with marble tablets planted on the ground. Yes, we're in a cemetery. "We're here!" I told her while holding her hand tighter as we enter. She gave me a questioning look, but then after, she finally realized the reason why we're here.

Monica Schwann. I looked at the perfectly engraved letters with mixed emotions. We sat down in front of the grave and sat there in silence for about a minute. "Hi, Monica. She's Tina, my girlfriend." I was nervous, but then after, I smiled. "Tina really helped me. I owe her a lot. We must thank her. I thank God for giving me Tina. Through the past year, I never felt this way again. I moved on. But, I'm really happy because I finally faced life, and I know that's what you really want." I looked at Tina, then hugged her. She hugged back, tighter than mine.

"Hi Monica." She said and I was startled, but I did let her continue.

"I'm Tina and I am... Uhmm.. Calum's girlfriend?" She stuttered, but she went on. "Sorry. I mean, I feel like I am taking away Calum from you. S-sorry." The smile on her face faded as tears went streaming down her face. "Sorry for being the cause of your death." Her sobs turned into loud cries. I don't know what to do. "S-sorry. You're not supposed to be there. It must have been me. You don't deserve this. It is my fault Monica. Sorry. If I could just turn back time, then I would just let Caren kill me. But no, I can't. I really am sorry." She cried more.

"First thing, I indirectly killed you. Then now, I am stealing Calum. I am a bad person. I really am." She cried harder and louder. I don't know why I can't comfort her. I don't know why I can't move. I don't know why am I numb. Calum! What are you doing!?

"Sorry Monica." Then before I realized it, she already ran away, leaving me in a state of pure shock.