Chapter 3

I woke up in the beeps of my alarm, annoyed, and wishing that I'm not hearing it. But I need to get my ass moving. I took a short shower and get dressed up. White shirt, faded jeans and a gray beanie. Simple yet nice. I quickly ran down to eat my breakfast. "Oh Honey! Come eat." My mom said in a wide smile. I smiled as a response. After eating, I grabbed my bag and stormed out of the house.

A few blocks away. I can't believe I'm finally doing this. I'm really doing this.

Melbourne Highschool. You got it right. I'm now back in school. It's been a while since I last stepped here. How I miss going to school.

Monica and I used to go to school together but things would change now. And things have really changed. Well, it's not the time to be bitter and sad. I should be happy, cause I'm doing this, for her. I'm sure she's smiling at me now wherever she is.

Red and yellow leaves fall as I make my way to the hall entrance. It's a relaxing sight. Wind blows making leaves fall, and so is a woman's hair in front of me. She has this familiar brown hair and hazel eyes. An exact photocopy. Could it possibly be her? Those words gave me goosebumps. But I looked closely, it wasn't Monica. Just a girl with the same aura as her.

"What're you lookin at?" The brunette asked me making me out of my gaze. "N...Nothing." I said, totally embarrassed.

"Martina. Just Tina." She said and reached her hand out. I awkwardly held her hand so she won't feel bad. "Calum." "What a name? Unique it is." She said in a smile. It's really an awkward situation. I hear crickets between our silence. "So what class are you in?" She said, trying to make the atmosphere comfy. "Literature Three." I said not looking, and try to make a step and make my exit in our awkward scene, but no. She followed me. "Seriously? That's where the class I'm in too!" She said. Still following me. I don't want to tell her to back off. I just want to pretend she's not here.

"So here we are!" I just looked for a vacant seat and there is. I mean there are two available seats. And it's together. As usual, I sat down and she did too, beside me.

It's not that I don't want her. I just don't want someone. I mean, there she is, almost an exact copy of Monica. I want to forget but here she is, making me remember.

The class started and I did nothing but listen. Sometimes, I look at her to see what she is like. I don't know why, but I can't help but look. Her hair falls perfectly down her shoulders. Fuck Calum! What are you saying?

Throughout the class, the lesson went good, and so the teacher is. Breaktime approached and I stormed out heading to the cafeteria. "So how old are you?" And she's here again. Why? "19." I said calmly. "Whoa? A year older than me!" She laughed. I did not make a reply and instead, I looked for a vacant seat, again. I bought food and sat down. I don't know if Tina's still with me, but even if she is, it doesn't matter. I calmly gulped my drink and slowly ate my food, browsing my phone. "Where do you live?" She said. And she really is with me? Why? "A few blocks away."

She nodded. Finally felt what I feel. Annoyance.

The whole day went good. Better if Tina's not around. It's finally dismissal time. It's time.

I went to Monica's grave, and on my way, I found a flower shop near. I bought a basket of flowers. I am now doing my promise. Luckily, Tina's not with me anymore. We split classes after Literature.

I found myself in front of a cold stone. I sat down on the grass, making myself comfortable. Feelings get lighter now. "Monica. Look what I brought you. Flowers!" I said looking at her picture. "I told you I'm bringing you. I know you do love orchids." I smiled. A minute of silence went by, and it's comfortable. "You know what? I'm back to school now. Yeah, kinda sad because I'm not with you, but still, I'm glad because I'm doing it all for you. Classes went good. I've been fine throughout the day, but there's this girl, Tina." I looked up the sky. "Ugh. Never mind. Just a random girl I met. By the way, I do miss you. I miss you more everyday. Thanks for guiding me." I smiled and right after, cold wind blew, hugging my body. "Gotta go, Monica. Thanks."

And I walked home.