Chapter 6

I woke up late. I probably should be in a state of panicking right now, but not. It's a Saturday. I am awake, but I don't want to get out of my bed yet. I enjoy the warmth of the bed. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. It's 11 AM. I browsed my phone and a few glides after, I finally found the music app. I clicked my Ed Sheeran playlist and listened to his music .

A few guitar strums after, I heard his voice singing the lyrics of his song, The A Team. I remembered what Tina and I did yesterday. I remember her sweet voice. She sings gracefully, the way her lips move while she sings is great. Her brown eyes sparkle as she sings. I like her voice. I like the way she sings. I couldn't get her voice out of my head, it's really awesome. Did I just find her fascinating? Yes she is fascinating. But I won't fall for her. I really can't.

Monica flashed in mind for a sudden. I remember the way she sings, it's awesome. Tina really resembles Monica. Yes, I am comparing the two of them, but seriously, who can't compare them? They're almost the same. But I think I'm making Monica feel betrayed. The day is long, so I woke up to do something productive.

I quickly grabbed a pair of jeans and blue shirt, wearing also my hoodie and beanie. I hopped out of my room and waved at my mom. I went out of our house and went for some walk. The cold air is hugging me. After a few blocks, I found the sign saying Mantle Christian Cemetery. Yes, I am visiting Monica.

I found myself standing in front of Monica's grave. And I sat down and made my self comfy on the grass.

"Hi Monica!" I smiled. "Sorry for not bringing flowers this time. I'm doing fine." I said as if she is asking me literally. "The school week went great, and Tina here," I stuttered. "Fine, uh.. Tina's my new friend. She really resembles you. I mean she has the same eyes as you. The same hair as you. The same lips as you. The voice same as you." I said smiling. "But I barely know her. I mean we just knew each other this week, but I hope she's kind, and I know she is." I said hesitantly. The fact that I'm comparing Monica and Tina makes me feel bad. "Sorry for comparing the both of you. I miss you Monica, I really do. Thanks for guiding me with God. I love you." I said smiling, a hand on my chest and another hand on her gravestone.

I stood up and walked but someone held my wrist. I am shocked of course, but I looked on who it is. I turned my head and I saw Tina. "What're you doing here?" I said, trying not to sound rude.

"Just visiting my Uncle. You who are you visiting?" She asked. "I saw you for the second time here." She followed. "Just my g--girl-- Nothing." I said. "Oh. Your girlfriend?" She said surprised. "Y-Yeah." I said, still my eyes looking on the ground. "Sorry for hearing that." She said, kinda putting her arms on my shoulders and patting it . I smiled back and she held my wrist. "Come with me!" She told me while smiling.

She ran, still holding my wrist and I followed her. I followed her lead as we ran through the streets and eventually, I found myself in front of the lake. "This is where I usually go, sad or glad, angry or not." She said still holding my wrist. I am staring at her. She has her eyes closed, smiling, and inhaling the cold breeze. She opened her eyes again and her eyes sparkle as she look at the relaxing scene. Her hair follows the direction of the wind revealing her ear. She turned her head towards me and she was shocked when she realized that I was practically staring at her. "Oh. Uh... Calum? Can you pick me a flower?" She said, kinda uncomfortable. I bent down to pick a violet flower and put it on her ear. "Perfect." She smiled, holding my wrist. She looked back to the lake and she makes small circles with her thumb on my wrist. "Can we sit down?" She practically pulled me down to the grassy ground. "So, what's with your girlfriend?"