Chapter 7

"So what's with your girlfriend?" She asked me and I'm currently in a state of pure shock right now. I didn't want to answer, but a part of me tells me to tell her. Yeah, we barely knew each other for a week. Although many things had happened between us, all we knew is our names and age, and nothing more. I think she is trustworthy, but I won't be telling a story first, she must tell me a story first. "Why should I tell you?" I laughed. "I-I just wanna know but it's fine if you won't--" "No it's fine. I'll tell you but there's one condition."

I cut her off. She was pretty surprised but I knew she hid her surprise.

"What condition?" She asked in a casual tone. "Well, I just want to know you more, we're friends right? So tell me about yourself and act like we first met." I said, not looking at her, but looking at the lake. The way the water splashes off the shore is somewhat relaxing.

"Okay." She stuttered. "I am Martina Williams." So Williams was her last name. All I know was her first name and nothing more. "Yeah, 18 years old. I live in Sunset Village. I live with my parents and a younger brother. Was that enough?" She asked pushing my shoulder. "I think that wasn't." I laughed and I looked at her pouty face.

"That isn't fair." She huffed but then she did admit her defeat. "Well, The only thing that I can share with you is that I lost a boyfriend." She lost a boyfriend? Is it the same way I lost Monica? "We're about to talk 'bout your girlfriend later and it won't be fair if I won't tell you about this. I lost him not even realizing that I did. I mean, I had already lost him even before we split ways." She let out a sigh. "He cheated on me. With my mortal enemy, Alexia." So that dick is still breathing . I noticed her chewing her bottom lip. "So what about your girlfriend?" She finally started.

"I don't really know if I should tell you." I started and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Why shouldn't I tell you? It's not a secret anyway. You'll know soon, maybe not from me since others knew about it." I laughed while looking at the lake, hiding the tension I feel inside my heart, actually nervous. And the story started.

"It was our anniversary that night, and since it was a Thursday, we decided to go on a date next night. That day in our school, I remember she kissed me on the cheek. It was pretty normal, but I barely knew that it would be the last time she would kiss me. At home, I was finishing my Math things and I heard in the news that she was killed. I quickly went to the hospital where her body was brought and I.." I sighed heavily . Preventing my tears to stream but it was too late. The drop was already down my chin. Tina started to pat my shoulders and I continued. "I found her parents crying over her dead body. I ran towards them and they hugged me, handing me a book, which was Monica was about to give to me that night. She was supposed to surprise me, but I was surprised the other way around. I still think that it's my fault and I know it is. Luckily, her parents aren't angry at me, but here I am, still blaming myself for everything." I hugged my knees and cried, but then after I realized Tina is holding my chin up.

"Calum, you will eventually be able to swim out of sadness and grief, I hope I can help. By the way, sorry for hearing that." I just smiled back as a response. She moved her hands from my chin to my cheek, cupping it, rubbing her thumb on my cheek.

We were less than an inch apart. She bit her lip and looked up and down my eyes and my lips. I remembered when Monica used to kiss me like this. But wait, she's about to kiss me? I was dozed off my thoughts and I moved away, knowing what was about to happen next if I didn't pull myself away. It's awkward for a boy knowing a girl would do such a move. The thought of kissing Tina sent me creeps.

"S-Sorry." She said looking down, her cheeks burning. "I was just.. nothing." She followed.

"Come, let's go" She said and stood up as if nothing had happened.

This time she's not grabbing my wrist, we just walked in a casual way. After somewhat seems like forever of awkward silence, she tore the silence and spoke. "Sorry for a while ago Cal. I - I didn't mean to." She apologized. "It's fine, who couldn't resist someone as attractive as me anyway? " I joked to lighten up the mood and she laughed. "Don't fool yourself Cal, you'll end up crying because you're not attractive." She joked and pushed my shoulder. I really like the company of hers. I mean I could be who I used to be when I'm with her. I hope she can help me to fix things up. I hope she will, and I'm sure she will. Tina is like a blessing, she relieves the old me and I thank her for that.