Part 13: The End

"I NEED TO GO TO THAT HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!" Sherlock announced.

"No shit, Sherlock," Strange deadpanned.

And with that they were gone in a ring of sparks, leaving Mrs. Hudson perplexed as ever.

"I meant inside the hospital, Strange!" Sherlock seethed.

"Do you think me a fool?" Strange asked, instantly regretting it.

"Well ye-"

"Don't answer that. What I mean is that we have to create a plan or diversion of some sort. Unless you plan on sacrificing your life, which I can not allow." Strange explained.

"I've faked my death before," Sherlock replied, "I can handle Mordo." He began walking towards the entrance.

Strange grabbed him by the arm. "You know what, I'm not even going to ask. I'm sure you've faked your death, you seem the type. But I would assume you've never done so in the presence of a sorcerer. We must be smart about this Sherlock. There are more lives on the line than just Johns'."

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "I can create a distraction... You get everybody out."

And suddenly they were in a narrow hallway. They could hear distant screams and sense the panic. Mordo was nowhere to be found. So Sherlock and Strange continued down the hallway and eventually saw him terrorizing a group of old women.

"MORDO I'VE ARRIVED," announced Sherlock.

"Oh we... we're doing this now?" Strange's eyes darted in a panic. "Okay!" He scrambled towards the patients.

Just as quickly, Mordo approached Sherlock with caution. He figured there was something going on so he didn't immediately attack Sherlock. "I shall bring your friend out and release the hostages, in exchange for the Wand," he told Sherlock.

"Of course." Sherlock modded.

Mordo went into a few rooms down and walked out with a badly beaten John Watson. "Your friend's a fighter. Won't go easy. So I had to do something about that."

All of a sudden, Sherlock had a sudden urge to forget about all the patients and run out with John by his side. But then he snapped back to reality. Blood was dripping from the side of John face and from his nose. His forehead had a cut and his arm had a massive bruise.
He couldn't even walk straight and limped across the room. His eyebrows were furrowed and he didn't say a word or even acknowledge Sherlock's arrival. He was probably too traumatized to even process anything. He just dragged his feet and looked at the floor with a cold dead stare.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" Sherlock shouted.

"That doesn't matter." Mordo smirked. "Now give me the Wand of Watoomb."

Strange appeared. And that's when Sherlock started to notice the lack of screams. He rescued everyone. We can leave now.

"Well it was a pleasure doing business with you, Karl. But my friends and I better get going." Sherlock matched his smirk.

Strange started to open a portal when Mordo whipped his hand with the staff of the living tribunal. Strange fell to the floor in agonizing pain. Mordo grabbed Sherlock by the arm and dragged him into the room when John was held. A sticky maroon liquid covered the floor and bloodied scalpels and tools were thrown about. The window was open, which caused the curtains to whip around. And the freezing weather sent down everyone's spine.