Part 2: And so it begins...

Sherlock began to open the door when a chill ran down his spine. Confusion struck him like a lightning bolt. He looked around and he was no longer outside of the Sanctum Sanctorum.

He was surrounded by objects encased in glass. His mind searched for logical explanations. He thought perhaps he was drugged on the plane. That this was a hallucination. He paced around the room. Quick, sharp strides. Back and fourth and back and fourth. His hands were pressed, in a prayer position, against his lips. His head spun. Back and fourth and back and fourth.

"Hello, Mr. Holmes," a strange voice echoed across the room, with seemingly no origin.

Sherlock was in unknown territory. Though he was quite pleased, because he could tell that this case would be one of his best ones. Suddenly, it appeared. He spun around to look at the tall dark figure that had just spoken to him moments ago.

"Impossible," Sherlock mumbled.

He saw that the man was floating. In mid-air. Wearing a cape. Sherlock nearly burst out in laughter. But he was much too baffled by what was right in front of him. The man slowly descended towards the ground and began to walk towards Sherlock. And he didn't have a single deduction

"I-" Sherlock went back to pressing his hands to his lips, in a prayer position like before. "No this is simply impossible. It can't be." Sherlock began pacing again, too. "Ah, yes that's it. A hallucination. It's only a matter of time until it wears off. I think I'll just sit here until it does," Sherlock told the man.

He began to sit down, when another chill ran down his back. He looked around and he'd been teleported to a whole other room. He was now seated in a brown leather chair.

"Mr. Holmes, sometimes the most impossible things can be true. I suppose you have yet to accept this fact," the man continued, "but I will admit this is peculiar, as most mortals can't even locate the Sanctum. I can imagine you must be a little frightened or confused, perhaps you'd like some answers?"

Sherlock felt more at ease. He was noticing the room looked similar to his living area. He noticed a few things such as a stain on the floor, perhaps from alcohol. It looked like beer but he could not be sure as the smell was no longer. But this man did not seem the type to drink. And he noticed another alcohol stain in the other room he was in. So he had visitors frequently, perhaps he hosted gatherings with other people of his kind.

Sherlock began to revert to his old self. He leaned forward his his chair, almost ready to interrogate the man. Sherlock slowly scanned over his face with his eyes and finally spoke, "Who are you? And why do you look like a slightly less handsome version of myself?"

"Excuse you! I am earth's sorcerer supreme! I am Doctor Strange," he proclaimed.