Part 11: Karl Mordo

"Yes. He used to be with us. A very kindred spirit to my own. Very true to his morals and very-"

"BORING." dismissed Sherlock

"I must say, Mr. Holmes, you are being quite childish. And very rude. I'm trying to help you," said Strange.

"Oh boo hoo! I don't want to know about his spirit, Strange. What do you mean he left?"

"The masters of the mystical arts. He is no longer one."

"He left. YES OF COURSE HE DID."

"Am I missing something?" Strange asked

"Yes. But that's not new," Sherlock scoffed.

"SHERLOCK! Apologize," scolded John.

"What is that? A joke. It's really not the time for that right now, John. WE HAVE A CASE TO FINISH. THE GAME IS ON!" Sherlock announced. He pulled up his coat collar to his neck and started walking.

"Is that like a silly catchphrase or something?" Strange asked.

"You know, I have a... person of sorts. I think you'd get along quite nicely with him. His name is Anderson," Sherlock told Strange.

Strange gave Sherlock a confused look. And the three of them were then teleported to Nepal.

"Well this is just fantastic! I told you Mordo left, why would he come back to the Kamar-Taj?" Strange asked.

"Mordo has started his own vigilante spree. I suppose Mr. Pangborn was his first victim. You see after Mordo left, he would got homesick. He had strong morals, which you aren't exactly born with. Most likely grew up somewhere with influences. I deduced it was here. And he just abandoned everything he spent his whole life working for. He then ended up paralyzingly a man. He is now typically watching the news. Paranoid that people might figure it out. He saw Mr. Pangborn in the hospital.
He's inexperienced in this new field. Probably a Boy Scout like you, Strange. He freaks out. Needs somewhere to hide away. He's homesick. Where's somewhere nobody would look, somewhere he feels at home, or expect him to be?"

"Right... Here," Strange uttered.

"Yes. So let's go and meet this kindred spirit of yours..." Sherlock smirked.

The three of them walked over to the entrance of Kamar-Taj. They had disguises. Well no, just black hoods and capes. But they figured it worked in the movies and it's the best they could come up with in a short amount of time. The wind was blowing. There was a breeze that picked up sand off the ground and danced it around.

When they opened the door everything changed. There was a different energy. It went still and calm. It was like something was pulling them close to the point where they didn't have the need to leave.

"Fascinating," Sherlock remarked.

Strange lead them around to locations where Mordo would most likely seek refuge. The library, the empty dormitories, the outer meditation spots. Nowhere to be found. Finally they spotted him. He looked different, but Strange still recognized his face. He was on top of a roof of an old torn down building. Strange teleported all three of them right in front of Mordo. Perhaps not the smartest idea, but the element of surprise definitely worked in their favour.

"STRANGE!?" Mordo shouted, clear startled.

"Mordo. It's good to see you, old friend," Strange chortled.

"How did you find me?"

"I had a little help."

Mordo looked to the left of Strange and saw a very timid John Watson and Sherlock Holmes. Suddenly, Sherlock walked over to Mordo with a hand reached out to shake.

"Mr. Mordo," Sherlock said.

"Who are you?" Mordo asked.

"The name is Sherlock Holmes," Sherlock told him.

"Hm... Very interesting." Mordo walked over to him. "Oh my. Do you have the Wand of Watoomb stuffed in your trousers?"

"Yes."

"Are you a sorcerer as well?"

"No no. This is just stuck with me. I don't exactly have any control over the situation."

"Ah... Perhaps if you're not a sorcerer, I could have the Wand?" Mordo smirked.

Suddenly Strange stepped in front of Sherlock. Baffled and offended by what Mordo had asked, he looked at him with rage in his eyes. In that moment it finally caught up to Strange who Mordo had become.

"How could you ask him such a thing? You know it only chooses, it cannot be picked," Strange remarked.

"Well... That is if you don't have the battle to win a relic," Mordo explained.

"YOU WOULDN'T DARE!"

"Well it is one of the 6 Wand of Watoombs. How could I pass up such an opportunity?"

"BECAUSE YOU MUST KILL THE CURRENT HOLDER OF THE RELIC IN ORDER TO OBTAIN IT'S POWER!"

Suddenly Mordo pulled out the staff of the living tribunal. He whipped Strange and sent him flying back a few feet. But Strange just bounced back and punched Mordo. The impact was so strong the roof shook as if there was an earthquake when Mordo feel to the ground. Mordo got up and started to charge at Strange. They both unleashed their powers at the same time and sent everyone on the roof sliding back on the tiles. Suddenly Mordo got an idea. One that Sherlock would not like. He charged at Strange again. And as soon as Stange came close enough, Mordo ducked.

He headed straight for Sherlock. Though he knew he shouldn't be so foolish, as Sherlock could easily disintegrate him with the Wand of Watoomb. So instead he went for his friend. The short one. He grabbed him and teleported out. Strange teleported out in an attempt to find him, but he couldn't trace where Mordo went.

"JAAWWN!" cried Sherlock. He cursed at the wind. And when Strange tried to comfort him, Sherlock just shoved him away.

John and Mordo were gone. And not even Sherlock Holmes or Stephen Strange could do anything about it.