Chapter 5: Secret projects

Nico

Frank needed to talk, like Hades it wasn't important he and Reyna were in the middle of something, it was a quiet project, they needed the details done in secret, and had told me to stay on standby for when they needed me. The fact that he needed to talk to me meant I was too go into the next phase. I had the basics of a plan together but I needed the Praetor's permission in order to start talking to Don, unfortunately for Frank I also had good information on as to whom he would be with tonight, and also unfortunately for him I am very protective of my sister. With my coat blowing in the wind and my hands in my pockets I walked up to the Praetor's house, his guards were sweating in their boots when I walked up, caught between a rock and a hard place, it was almost comical.

"Nico Di Angelo. Ambassador to Rome." I said flashing my ID tag. "I have business with the Praetor."

"Sorry Nico, Frank has asked not to be interrupted." the Guard said.

I released my Fear aura "Nico Di Angelo, Greek Brother of Hazel Levesque, I have business with my sister. If you have a problem with that, well then it's none of your business." he faltered and I walked by.

I knocked on Frank’s door. A few seconds later and I heard the sound of boots echoing off the walls. They were to light and hard to be Frank. The door opened and Hazel stood in the entrance. Her hair was messed up, and so was her makeup. Her clothes were rumpled as well. She looked embarrassed, much more so than she should be. I smiled "Hello Hazel how are you tonight? Sorry to interrupt your night together but Frank said he needed to talk to me, and I believe it's rather urgent, though if you want you can tell him to meet me in town tomorrow and I can leave you two alone." I told her smiling.

She looked down. "Oh no that's ok. She said in rather un-Hazel like Fashion, I almost felt sorry for her but then I remembered why I was bothering to interrupt them in the first place; I wanted Frank to know that I was always watching her. It's not like I didn't trust them, if someone did ever hurt Hazel I knew that Frank would help me kill them. I just didn't trust them. Besides I did honestly need to talk to Frank. She stood out of the way. I heard Frank start talking

"Hey, Haze, who is it?"

I initiated Shadow travel

A few steps though Nyx and I was standing in front Frank.

He sat up scared out of his wits. “Who else shows up out of nowhere when you least expect him, and who else are you knee deep in a top priority plan with? Don't worry I will leave you two alone I just need the go ahead to start talking with the fauns about setting up the beta stage outlines." I said referring to  a project that I had been tasked with completing, I’m not going to put the details in this journal just yet though, Frank and Rayna want to keep this project on the down low, at least until we are ready. Not that any of the Romans can Read ancient Greek, but hey, secrets are my thing, well that and Darkness, or death, death is also my thing, and so is fear.

"Oh, of course we need those plans done ASAP, but um did you really have to show up now?" he said wiping lipstick off of his face. H was obviously bothered by my presence especially since this was his night with Hazel

"Of course" I said calling shadows and catching them on my coat, once there was enough of them I shadow traveled again. I spent a few moments deciding where to go, it was late but I didn't want to head to the Temple of Hades. I remembered Liz's invitation, I know she didn't expect me to show up; I never had before I didn’t like new people, but I had just scared the shit out of Praetor Frank Zhang. I was in high spirits. Well, I was worried about the fact that I had a little brother, I was terrified that a year after him, I will have met my little sister as well, and as always I was unable to relax unless I had something to worry about, something to fear. But apart from that I was definitely in high spirits. I stopped by my place and washed the tired out of my face, and put on a clean shirt, my favorite skull shirt, before donning my jacket and my backpack/cape/coat and shadow travelling to Liz’s place, in the Residential quarter, I knew where I was even though I had never been there.