Because I Thought I Cared

As we pulled up in Martin's black McLaren to the huge lake house, the sudden odor of alcohol and sweat poured into the air. It was just about dusk, and a bonfire was going on at the beach behind the mansion-like house. People were swimming in the moonlit lake, and others were either dancing in the front yard or making out. And let us hope that if it gets any friskier, they find somewhere else. I stepped out of the car, as did Martin, and we walked together towards the front door.

"You promise not to drink, right?" I asked again.

"Promise." He said as he took me by my hand and pulled me inside. I really wish we weren't in here...

There were sweaty bodies grinding everywhere on the dance floor and drunk people lying on the floor, or just about to make it there. I couldn't even see Martin anymore, although I still felt his hand tugging me. But that didn't last long. Eventually, I felt him let go and didn't see him anywhere. Instead of looking for him, I made my way through the large cluster of people dancing, hoping not to get raped....

I had no idea where I was going honestly, and not being able to see didn't make it any better. I was surprised to fall into a less crowded area, with only about 7 people leaning on counters, drinking from red solo cups. I looked around the kitchen, to see what food there was and if there were any drinks available that were non-alcoholic. Because let me set this straight.... I. Don't. Drink.

My eyes widened with joy at the sight of a large purple bowl full of Takis, and a few bowls next to it with pretzels, Doritos, potato chips and... is that guacamole or throw up? Maybe both....

I ran toward the Takis and shoved two in my mouth, tasting the absolute glory of the snack, when my tongue started to burn. I silently laughed at my stupidity, then ran to the fridge for something to drink. My eyes wandered the cold refrigerator to find beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, vodka, some red stuff that's probably alcohol, some green stuff that's probably throw up.... Ah!!! YASSSSSSS!!!!!! My favorite drink of all time was at the bottom of the door, and I grabbed a can. Or maybe three... nobody will notice right?

I took a large sip of the Monster energy drink, and felt the liquid send tingles through my tongue, and set my taste buds alight. My favorite was the original (green), and that was all they had. Thank goodness.... After drinking half the can in less than 20 seconds, I grabbed the other two of them and headed outside the backdoor, into the backyard/beach area. This is where the beach was, and the dock with a beautiful view of the lake. I took a seat right next to the water, and took another taste of my Monster.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Hunter called as he ran towards me. He took a seat beside me, and popped open one of my cans of Monster.

"Hey that's mine!" I screeched reaching for the can.

"Ugh, there's a whole cooler of them over there." and he nodded towards the dock.

"Now, how did you get here??" Hunter asked with concern.

"Martin brought me?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Oh... is he staying sober to drive you home? I know Ryan will get drunk, I'm planning on it, and I know you can't drive in the dark."

"Well, yeah. He said he's going to." Hunter nodded and stood up, before waving at me then running over to a large group of guys. I slowly stood up, with now only two cans of Monster, and went to the cooler on the dock to get a couple more. I reached into the cooler and grabbed two more cans, placing them on the floor next to my other ones.

"Heyyy." I heard some guy slur. I quickly turned around to see a tall blonde-haired boy in front of me, looking me up and down. It was making me feel uncomfortable, so I took a step back. Only for him to take one forward.

"Uhh... h-hi." I stuttered.

"What's your name pretty thaanggg?" Should I tell him my name? He could rape me or something!

Oh well would you look at that... my guess correctly.

"Bridget..." I replied softly. He took another couple steps toward me until I couldn't take another one back. I would've fallen into the cold water, and ruined everything.

"Well, Bridget, you are really sexy." and he came closer to me, grabbing my waist. I tried to pry his fingers off but it was no use.

"Stop." I said sternly as his fingers came creeping to the hem of my shorts.

"Come on baby, you make me crazzzyy." and his hands gripped my thighs. I shivered and once again attempted to break free.

Notice the word attempted.

"Stop!" I demanded more loud and angry this time. He didn't listen. He only got closer and the smell of alcohol radiated off of him. I suddenly felt him grab my ass, and that was enough to set me off.

"Ya know what?!" I said and grabbed his shoulders, kneeing him right where the sun doesn't shine. He immediately fell to the hard wood of the dock, and we received a few stares. Well while we're at it...

"You drive me fucking insane too, ass hole!" and I stomped right on his stomach really hard, and heard him whimper. I stormed away from the dock and walked around the house. I was done. It was such a short time here, but I wanted to go home right now.

"Martin!" I screamed. As if he could hear me over this music....

"Martin!!" I yelled a little louder. I walked around toward the front porch, and spotted him with a group of people fan-girling over him. I jogged up to him.

"Martin, can you take me ho-" I stopped in my tracks as he turned around, red solo cup in hand.

He wouldn't....

"What did you say?" He asked.

He would....

The smell of alcohol spewed from his lips as he spoke. It reeked, and to make it better.... He promised..

Not only did he get drunk, but he smoked too.

The odor of cigarette smoke poured from his clothes. I couldn't believe him. I studied his face in the porch light, and nearly cried. Why? Don't ask. He looked pale, drained, sickening.

"You dickhead!!! I told you not to drink and here you fucking are! Drinking and smoking should I add? You're such an idiot! YOU PROMISED YOU ASS HOLE!!!!!!"

I felt the first tear forming  and he looked stunned at my remark. But shock quickly faded away, and a frown took upon his lips. He looked so upset... I almost felt bad.

"Whatever..." he mumbled, and walked away from both me and his friends, heading toward the backyard. I sighed and let that tear go, then followed behind him. A sudden ton of guilt overtook me and I started to run after him.

"Martin! Martin wait!" he didn't stop.

"Martin... Wait! I'm sorry!" I said and I finally was close enough to grab his jacket. He turned around and faced me, emotionless. Waiting for me to say something.

"I'm sorry Martin... I overreacted. I'm sorry for calling you those names and being such a bitch. I really am sorry..." He just looked at me.

"Why do you even care?" He asked.

Because I need a drive home...

"Because I care about you."

Hm... guess my heart doesn't listen to my brain anymore?

"Okay..." and he turned and walked off.

"Okay?! That's it?! FINE MARTIN!!!!" I yelled. Now everyone in the area was standing silent and watching me. Martin turned around to face me, staring at me blankly.

"FUCK YOU TOO MARTIN!!!!!!" and I flipped him off before I decided it was my turn to walk away.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Short? Yeah... but aren't they all?

Anyway, what do you think of this chapter?? Hmmm???

Whats your favorite Monster flavor? <3