Your Average Girl

Here's the next chapter :D I hope you enjoy it!

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

When my eyes widened, so did his. I could tell that he could tell I finally figured out who he was.

Don't flip out... don't flip out...

I simply walked over to him, and as I did he took a couple steps back. I wasn't that intimidating... was I? I mean, sure I can be a bit... horrific sometimes, but he doesn't know that!

Yet.

"Listen, I'm not going to flip out. I promise. You don't have to worry." I said while putting my hands up in surrender. I saw the worry in his eyes fade away, and he nodded slowly.

"Okay..." He said, cautiously debating on whether or not he should trust me.

"So... before I get the wrong... idea," I continued.

"You are Martin Garrix, right? Like... the world-famous DJ?" I tilted my head a little and he seemed to sigh at the words 'world-famous DJ'. I was surprised that he seemed a little tired of that phrase because if I were him I'd be happy to be living that kind of lifestyle.

I heard him mumble under his breath, and I don't think I was supposed to hear, but I did.

"I should just move again..." He said quietly.

I took a small step forward, and to my surprise he didn't move back. "Why?" I didn't do anything... right? Ugh! Goddamit Bri! You already screwed things up!

"Just because." Well that's a stupid answer...

"That's not an answer. Why did you move?" I'm surprised im not dying right now. So many people love Martin Garrix. I mean yeah, I have a couple of his songs but not all of them. And here I am... talking to him.

Not to mention, without my voice cracking.

"I moved because apparently I have to finish high school before I continue my music career."

"Oh. What school?" I wonder if it's mine... I mean he does live next door. Nah. He's probably going to some school for the 'Musically Gifted.'

Nevermind.

"East Lake. You?" Shock. That's all I could possibly feel.

"Same..." I said slowly. I honestly didn't want to choke up from excitement/anxiousness/terror. He only nodded his head and broke eye contact with me to look at his feet.

"So like... what are you?" And he looked into my eyes like before. I didn't understand his question for it was quite vague. I raised my right eyebrow in question.

"Like, at your school. Are you like... one of those popular girls that are all bitchy and crap?"

Haha! Oh Martin, you crack me up!

I would hate myself.

I laughed a little before answering. "Me? Popular? Puh-lease, not in a million years." I paused for a quick moment to look at my hands starting to shake.

"I hate to embarrass myself as a first impression, but hell no. I'm the one girl that's pretty much not noticed. Not the nerdy one with straight A's, but kinda average. Besides, to be completely honest with you, I'm average, yet not average. I have alright grades, a good amount of friends, but I'm not exactly the most friendly or the prettiest... at all to be honest."

Damn, I talk too much.

"You don't have to be perfect." He spoke, in his cute Dutch accent.

I smiled, because even for him being well... famous... he was basically accepting me for me. Already. Hey, wait, didn't I just meet this guy?

"Thanks... I guess." And we both laughed a little.

"Hey, umm...listen. Don't try hard to be my friend. It may be a little tempting to be the perfect person around me, but that's what I'm tired of. I want someone to be friends with me because they like Martijn Garritsen,"

He wants to be normal....

"Not Martin Garrix." He finished.

I gave him a sympathetic smile, and looked straight into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"I won't do that to you. I want to know Martijn Garritsen." The smile still plastered onto my face. I saw one appear on him too. But it was probably because he was trying not to laugh at my pathetic attempt of pronouncing his name wrong.

"I wont freak out on you. I'll keep my average self under control at all times. I promise." And I gave him one last smile before walking inside.

MARTIN'S POV:

Oh, Bridget... You're anything but average.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

So what did you think? Thank you so much for not giving up on me yet! Gosh, I love you guys. Okay cool, onto the next chapter.