Awakening Interview

"Wake up..."

I was dreaming about being in the woods. One of my favorite places. It's so serene and beautiful and isolated, it makes me feel calm. I was riding around on a dirt bike with another guy, but his helmet and goggles covered his face so I didn't know who it was. But it reminded me of someone I used to know. I had my arms wrapped around him, and we went through the woods on the Kawasaki dirt bike, twisting through the trees like no tomorrow. It felt great, the wind whipping my hair around, and having the helmet on again just made me feel alive. I realized how much time it's been since I've been riding. When we get back I should go.

"Carter... I'm.... Not sleeping...."' I mumbled in my dream. Why would he tell me to wake up? That doesn't even sound like his voice.

"Bridget wake the hell up." My eyes fly open, and I realized that it was Martin who'd told me to wake up.

"Well that was rude..." I said, rubbing my eyes. The light brightly filled the white room.

"I love you." Martin said in a teasing tone.

I laughed a little. "Shut up."

It was then I noticed something. Us. Martin was still shirtless, and incredibly hot, but hovering over me. I couldn't help it anymore. My eyes went from his blue eyes, and trailed to his abs. Damn boy. You work out, or nah? Haha.... I'm so funny...

"Enjoying the view?" Martin chuckled. I instantly tore my eyes off of him and looked out of the window-- with an incredible view.

"Yes, actually. The Hudson River is beautiful in the morning." I said, smartly.

"You loser." He teased, and then his lips found mine. They were soft and warm, welcoming. I smiled into the kiss. Our lips moved together like they were meant to be. I put my hands around his neck and lifted my head up more, deepening the kiss and tangling my fingers on his hair. His right hand held my hip. He bit my bottom lip and tugged for a moment before pulling away.

Fuck morning breath. That was amazing.

"What time is it?" I asked, flipping over so my face was shoved into the pillow.

"8:30. So shower and get ready before 9:40."

"But it's so warm under the blankets..." I whined like a little kid. It's true, it was warm under the blankets and the suite was cold. Despite the fact that it's the beginning of August. But before I knew it, Martin was no longer close to me. I flipped back over and faced him. He stood at the edge of the bed with a smirk on his face. It was then I caught on to what his devious plan was.

"Don't you dare..." I threatened, my eyes widened. He put his hands down on the comforter in a mocking way.

"Martin..." I scolded. His hands grabbed the blanket and he looked up at me with mischief written all over his face.

"Dont."

Then he tore the soft, warm blankets off of me all at once. The comforting heat left me in an instant and I was cold and shivering. You know, in the hotel, despite that it's summer. I squealed and sat up, glaring at him.

"Get up, sweet heart. We have to be out in an hour."

+~+

Fifty minutes later, I was dressed in a strapless peach colored laced dress, that cut off just above my knees. Under that I wore a pair of casual beige wedges, and my hair was straight. Martin was in a black t-shirt, shorts, and Nikes.

"Are you ready yet?" He asked me impatiently. I closed my mascara and nodded. I stepped out of the hotel bathroom and we walked out of the door. I had my phone in hand, and he had his. Once we finally reached the lobby, the lady smiled at us (more Martin than me) and so did a lot of others. When we got outside, there was a black car with tinted windows waiting for us. Martin got in, as did I. I guess it was some sort of worker because he already knew where we were going. I watched out the window the entire ride.