Regret

"Martin!" I squealed as loud as can be.

He only looked down to avoid eye contact.

"What the hell?!?!" I said throwing my hands up in the air.

I can't believe he would be doing drugs! He shrugged and watched a passing car to the right.

"You don't know why you're doing drugs?! Worst excuse ever, Martin! You need to get yourself together!" and without another word, I crossed the street and stormed back into the house. After slamming the door shut, everyone's eyes were on me. Ryan, Hunter, Aaron, and my mother were waiting for the details.

But I couldn't tell them... they would hate Martin. So I came up with probably the worst excuse.

"He uh... Martin left his wallet here... and I wanted to give it to him before he left. You know, in his car and.. stuff.." I was hoping that they would believe me. Luckily, it seemed as if they all did. They turned away without a word and continued with whatever they were doing. So before I could be any more stupid, I walked up the stairs and down the hall into my bedroom.

I immediately plopped myself on my bed and took out my journal to write.

Journal,

I don't even get it. First, he tries to make a move and acts all innocent. Then just a day later, hes suddenly a druggie? What's going through his head! I never would have guess that he would be like that. I should've known. Celebrities are just that way usually... Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Lindsay Lohan.... I should've seen it coming! I was just too caught up on him and too stupid to notice.

I dropped my journal back on my nightstand and grabbed my phone, and sent a text to my best friend, Lily.

Guess what Lil.... -Bridget

What? - Lily

She replied almost immediately.

Okay so... There's this guy. He's my new neighbor. And he's well... Martin Garrix. -Bridget

WHAT NO WAY MARTIN GARRIX IS YOUR NEIGHBOR?!?! YOURE SO LYING TO ME BRI!!!! -Lily

I'm not lying Lil. But here's the thing. He asked me out on a date. -Bri

A DATE?? I AM SO HATING YOU RN!! -Lily

But the thing is.... I couldn't do it. I rejected him, and now he's sitting on the street. He got kicked out of his house for.... Doing drugs. -Bridget

Oh... Sorry Bri. Maybe he's just upset or something. Idk. -Lily.

I decided to not respond and just put down my phone, then looked out the window. Martin was sitting on the side of the road, dusk beginning to end, and it was getting darker by the second. I wondered how he would be out there... For how long... And why he even did drugs in the first place? Was this his first time? Probably not. He was probably just being fake in front of me. Stupid girl you shouldn't have belie-

Knock knock.

"Come in!" I yelled without moving a muscle.

Of all people, Ryan walked through the doorway and stood at the end of my bed.

"Bri, I'm pretty dumb, but I know that was a total lie. Everyone else bought it, but not me. What's going on?" He said. Ugh! What do I say? I can't tell him!

"Truth is.... Martin was...." I looked into my twins' bright blue eyes, just like mine. I couldn't lie to my twin brother....

"Doing drugs. He got kicked out of his house and he's sitting on the side of the road. He has nowhere to go, Ryan! I feel so bad for him!" I said groaning and flopping my head onto my pillow.

"Drugs? What the hell...." And he rolled his eyes. "I don't know. Mom would hate him." I jerked up at his words.

"You can't tell mom!!!!" He laughed in amusement at my sudden burst of energy.

"I won't, I won't. Calm yourself Bri." And without giving me advice like a brother should, he just left. What am I supposed to do? I took another look out my window, to once again see Martin In his white T shirt, sitting on the sidewalk staring down at his hands. It was starting to be hard to make out, because it was almost dark.

Without thinking, I picked myself off my bed, ran downstairs, and walked outside. Thank god nobody was in the kitchen to curiously ask about every detail of my life. When I opened the front door, it made a noise which caused Martin to look across at me. But only for a moment, until he focused on the ground once again. I slowly walked over to him, and he knew I was there. Yet he still refused to look at me.

"Martin..." I spoke softly. I was now right in front of him, but even at the sound of his name he didn't look at me.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you before..."

Wait, why was I sorry? He was doing drugs! But something in me just couldn't stand being mad at him...

Finally, his eyes met mine, but only for a split second until he looked at his house. With many lights on, it stood out on the never-busy street next to all the darker ones, including mine. Only the living room light and my room light was on.

"Martin, look at me." But he still didn't.

"Martin." This time I spoke a little but harsher, which made him look me straight in the eye. But now he didn't look away.

"Stay at my house for tonight. I don't want you sleeping outside." He stared at me and didn't speak for a while.

"Thank you, so so much." And he stood up, before giving me a tight hug. When he pulled away, I studied his face. It showed so much without him having to say anything. But one main word was written all over his face.

Shame

I grabbed his hand and we walked into my house. Still, nobody was in either the kitchen or living room. We quietly made our way upstairs and I thought we could've gone un noticed... But of course, someone has to be in our way. Worst of all, it was my mom carrying a basket of laundry.

"Ummm... Bridget? What is Martin doing here? It's getting late.... I'm sure his mom would like him home." And she looked at Martin before looking back at me. I felt my eyes widen and my heart beat faster than ever.

"Actually, Ryan invited me to stay over for the night. We were just going to find him." Martin saved the call. Thank god for him being around....

My mother only nodded before heading into Aaron's room. When she was out of sight, I lead him into my room, closing the door shut and letting his hand go. Even though I was still in shock and a little upset at his terrible choice, I felt empty at the absence of his hand in mine. I grabbed a soft blue polka dot blanket out of my closet and put it on the couch, along with an extra pillow.

"I'll be right back," I said making my way to the door. "I'll get some pajamas out of Ryan's room and you can take a shower. You really need to wash up."

Which was true. He looked absolutely horrible. Like he just.... Did drugs. Martin nodded and I walked out, sneaking across the hall to Ryan's door. I knocked and didn't hear any sort of answer, so I headed in myself. Thankfully, nobody was in there so I quickly grabbed a pair of gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt before racing out of his room and back into mine.

Martin was still standing where he was two minutes ago. I put the clothes in his hands and gave him a small smile. Another emotion overcame him that was too obvious to miss.

Regret.