Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Riley POV

I yawned and stretched my arms. I felt something around my waist. It felt warm and comforting. I looked down and my eyes widened. Ryder's arm were wrapped around me and I was curled up in a ball and cuddling next to him this whole time! I started poking Ryder's arm so he can let me go. I was mad! I told him not to touch me and look what he did!

"Ryder wake up." I said

"I don't want to." He mumbled

"Ryder WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!" I yelled

"I'm up!" Ryder startled awake

"I told you not to come close to me and I wake up with your arms around me!"

"I'm sorry. I uh I......" Ryder stuttered

"Ugh! Whatever. You can leave now."

I saw hurt in his eyes. I was about to say sorry but then I was mad all over again. What if Vicky and Justin saw us? If they took a picture and posted it on twitter I will punch the shit out of her! I looked at the time. It was 2:00pm. We only been sleeping for 2 hours.

I got up and changed out of my tank top and shorts. I slipped on a grey shirt that said I heart books and a jean jacket on top. I put on some ripped skinny jeans and put my hair up in a bun. I put just a bit of eyeliner and put my glasses on. I was not a big fan of makeup. I still feel bad about yelling at Ryder. I actually felt safe in his arms. Wait Riley! You are not suppose to fall for people like Ryder! He would just brake my heart. Maybe I should go back to the library and read. My stress will vanish hopefully. After that I should go find Vicky . I started walking towards the direction of the library. I stepped in and got the book out that Ryder gave me. I found a seat and started to read.

A few minutes later I heard whispering.

"Open meeeeee. Open meeeee." The voice whispered

Where is this voice coming from. I decided to investigate.

"Open meeeeeee. Open meeeeeee."

I followed the voice and ended up where the ghost book was.

"Open meeee. Open meeeeee." The voice was even harsher.

I noticed the voice was coming from the ghost book. Remember Riley . The librarian said that if I open this book I would die. Anyways I would stay away from a whispering book. Suddenly my arms and legs felt numb. Fear flowed through my veins. What's happening? My leg started moving by them selfs. I tried and tried to get my arms and legs under my control but it was no use. How is this happening? My arms stretched towards the book and took it out of the shelf. Don't open the book! I tried my best not to open the book. Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. My hand was just about to open the book when I was tackled down.

"What the heck were you thinking!" The person yelled

I opened my eyes and found my self on top of Ryder with his arms around me. The book was laying on the ground next to us. I was still pissed so I got up as fast as my feet could let me.

"Why do you care? I thought you didn't believe in what he said!" I said

"I do care because I do believe! Why were you opening the book when he said no?"

I was surprised. He did believe! Why didn't he tell me? I was still mad but I had to tell him sooner or later.

"Don't think I'm crazy okay. Promise me."

"I promise." he said

"Well I didn't want to open the book. I believed in what he said too. I heard whispering so I went to investigate and it leaded me to the ghost book. My hands turned numb and they started to move by them selfs. Then you came and tackled me down. Oh and thanks for that." I explained

"That's strange. How could your hands start moving by themselves? What was the whispering say?" he asked

"It said open me."

"Maybe there is something in that book that made you try open the book." he said

"I'm not sure. Maybe we should ask the librarian. He's going to be mad but I need to find out." I answered

"We need to find out."

We started walking towards the librarian.

"By the way sorry for having my arms around you while we were sleeping."

He apologized

"Apology accepted."

"But I did have an awesome sleep. It's was like you were my teddy bear." he said

I slapped his arm playfully and laughed. Maybe he's not that bad. Shut up Riley ! He's just gonna break your heart! We finally reached the librarian.

----------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter. I added less romance in this one.