Encounter with Michael Brown

A poster asking for assistance for the earthquake posted on the bulletin board.

"What can I do for them?"

Maybe sending some food and blankets to the people..

I recalled Mo's words "The reason why Sky could enter the academy is because of your talent as a singer, isn't it?" I wanted to do my best for something, but I didn't know what to do after I found out how sincere Ryder is with his work..

But, I know that I can also do something...

An idea flashed before me and I hurriedly ran towards the recording room.

"I was driven to come here by something.. but these are.." I got overwhelmed by the fact that the equipment are as good as a professional recording studio.

"What should I do, I've never recorded anything before.." Closing the thick sound proofing door, I am surrounded by silence.

What should I do?

Suddenly, a loud noise came into the recording studio.

"What? Are you going to record something?" Someone said. When I turned around to see who it was, it was...

"Michael?"

"Hmm, you remember my name? Good girl." Michael said like I'm a little puppy. But of course I remember him, because it was Michael on the poster before I entered the school. Not to mention he often ignores the fact that we belong to different classes.

"Hmm, but you can call me Micky, and you?" he asked.

"W-well... My name is Skylar, Micky." Oh My, I almost choked there but it was noticeable.

"You sound so stiff. So what do you plan to record?" He asked.

"Erm, my song" I casually said.

"You're so cute Skylar, so shall I teach you how to record?" Micky offered. Saying so, he held my shoulders. Even if he teaches me, I feel bad having his hands on my shoulder. I got away from his hands by moving a little.

"Skylar, enter the recording booth, would you please? The booth for singing and the place for recording are separated by a glass."

As I was told, I enter the recording booth and stand in front of a microphone. After that, Micky enters and adjusts the position of the microphone. The moment when he came out of the booth, he whispered to me.

"This soundproof space is nice, isn't it? People outside can hear nothing no matter what we do.."

"What?!"

Feeling his breath on my ear and hearing his sweet voice, I winced involuntarily.

"Ha-ha, you are so cute. Just joking, will you sing a song, Skylar?" Micky returned to the recording equipment and looked at me through the glass.

"Skylar, can you hear me?" he asked.

"Y-yes!" I can hear Micky's voice through the headphones.

"Will you give me your voice?"

I tried to let my voice out.

"The microphone is fine! You have a sweet voice."

"Tha... Thank you.." I feel happy to receive compliments, but I'm still shy whenever he whispered into my ears.

"Then I expect to hear your good song. See you around!" Micky gets out from the recording studio, waving his hand.

"It seems I'm at his mercy." I sighed at that but I don't seem to have any fear towards the microphone.

Is this what he was trying to do for me?

I pondered about it for a moment, and then I let it escape my mind.

What song should I sing?

All in all, I'm guessing the people will prefer POP.. I must feel happy when I sing, if not, I won't be able to give them any strength!

I sang a recent sports festival's theme song from an idol group.

Oh right! I want to add a personal message at the end as well

"I sang this song to give the people power and strength. I pray that everyone can smile as soon as possible."

Then I packed up everything and put the CD into the donation box in the academy. But at that time, I didn't know that something so little will become the interest of everyone...

Since then, the recording studio has been a familiar place to me. After eating my lunch box in the class, I often go to the recording studio on break time. And one day....