Ryder's Concert

Since then, two months have passed; the life in the disaster area seems to get better gradually. The academy's volunteering activities and assistance have become the topic of discussion in the area.

"Oh, Sky is here! I got Ryder's school concert ticket. So how about going together?" Mo suddenly came out of nowhere and said to me.

"What? Ryder's concert?" I want to listen to his performance properly, since I've only heard his music outside the room.

I hurried to the hall with Mo. We got a seat, soon after that the stage curtain went up. Ryder in a suit was regal and gallant that he doesn't resemble himself at all.

Although the tunes he played that day were only classical music and they were hard to understand... It was marvellous that even an amateur like me can understand Ryder plays very well. And regardless of a school hall, a lot of people including the mass media came to hear his music. His concert was remarkable.

"Great concert, this is like a professional's, isn't it?" Mo explained besides me.

Ryder played to the finish flawlessly and his concert seemed to be successful. However, the moment the stage curtain was pulled down, the mass media didn't gather around Ryder, but to an audience.

That is... Christoff Richwood, the famous composer?

It seemed that he came to hear his son's performance, but he only commented by saying that he had a lot to do and left the hall soon after that.

Why? Why doesn't he want to meet Ryder?

This concert should be his son's big achievement... If my parents had the same situation, I'm sure they would be glad…

I was a little concerned, so I went to the backstage to see how Ryder is doing. Following upon that, the mass media also went towards Ryder.

I guess, Ryder will be interviewed by the media about today's performance and so on.

When I was thinking about that, the media asked their first question.

"Where did your father go? Do you know his plans from now on?"

At that moment, Ryder's expression seemed to turn pale.

"Well, Ryder! Your performance was great!" As if disturbing the question from the mass media, I spoke aloud.

Ryder looked at me quickly, but left without saying anything...

Autumn is here. The trees outside the classroom began to turn from yellow to red. Although Ryder has received a lot of compliments for his performance in the school concert, he doesn't want to discuss it with anyone and he doesn't want to talk about it in class either.

The attitude of the media was rude, but he should know to be proud of himself because he played very well.

I felt a little pity for him, and I went to the recording studio.

Time passed after the disaster and the situation there has calmed down. Even so, music can heal the soul of people.

Thinking that, I wanted to send more songs recorded by me to the disaster area. And upon entering the recording studio, I looked at the same scene I have seen before.