5

*a few months later*

Robyn's POV
My new rehab was up and running thank the lord himself.

Doing this would've been hard if chris wasn't right by my side to help me start it up.

Now everything is running smoothly.

No more scares like that one night, and no more fake "care" and "therapy" my place ensures  that you'll get the help you need and deserve no matter the person, history, issue.

Unlike the last place. I also hold full out checks to see if you even are in need of help.. unlike...

But here I was in a meeting about things I won't know with people I don't know.

A record label...

With chris' friend Trey.

And a bunch of other randoms..

I didn't know trey like that, but I do know that he came over one day for dinner, we got to talking and discovered that we have the same plans and dreams for chris.

Finessing a few songs chris wrote and gathering the recordings trey made of him singing. Here we are three meetings into this.

I don't understand this music talk but I think trey does judging from the way he nods his head.

How Chris met him?

I don't know.. he won't tell me.

Trey: *leans in* "they seem interested" *whispers*

We both looked at each other and smiled this is where I think I'll start paying attention.

Lady:"he has a magical voice, his writing is beautiful, meaningful.. and just damn right amazing. Trey you say he can dance too? And rap... Jay I think we have a triple threat. It would be stupid not to sign him."

Jay:"shit I know. I wish he was here though."

Trey:"he's too shy to admit he's talented. Trust me.. when I say that what we've seen.. you'd make the best decision in your life and I put that on everything. I ain't just sayin that cause he's my nigga I mean it. You know how many hits he's ghost written for me?!"

Me:"he doesn't know we're here. If he gets signed we are hoping to surprise him. We know he wants this but he's scared... please give him a chance. You've heard and read stuff That you know no one is capable of.."

Jay turned to everyone in the meeting...

They all had the same look.

Then he turned to us.

Jay:" I think we have a legend on our hands... I'll take him." *passes a paper* "all three of y'all meet me in my office tomorrow noon. Congrats."

I jumped up and hugged trey. We shook hands with everyone, grabbed what we needed to and headed home to break the news to chris.

-
Walking up to the front door trey and I fought as to who's getting in the house first to tell chris.

Shoving him to the ground, I sprinted inside and shouted chris' name, trey wasn't too far behind me...

Running to the kitchen, we both immediately stopped, looked at each other and laughed then turned to chris. There stood chris with his hand on his hip, towel on his shoulder and spatula in his hand looking at us like a old mean grandma who's about to whoop ou-

Chris:"a nigga can't make eggs without yall bustin through my damn door like it's a game. What's all this YELLING ABOUT."

Trey:"chris, you are about here, Ima need you to tone it down to here" *using hands as motions*