Thirteen

Jimin was resisting the urge to roll his eyes from the moment King Heechul had returned with Namjoon. Jimin had simply nodded his head at his fiancée, not really having anything to say to him. What was he supposed to say? 'Hi honey. How are you? Missed me'? Ha! Not a chance. The demon prince sighed softly, folding his arms across his chest and leaned back in his chair. Shifting his gaze over to his father, a tiny frown formed on his plump lips when he saw his father grinning like a idiot as he spoke with the angel king. What the actual fuck? Seeing his father this cheesy was rather unsettling for Jimin. It was definitely something he wasn't used to. Not in the slightest.

Namjoon was fidgeting with his fingers against his lap, feeling a little uncomfortable right now. Naturally, he would be joyous to having tea with his father. However, he had not been expecting to see Jimin and King Jeongsu waiting for them. The angel was avoiding Jimin's gaze, not wishing to look at him right now. Ever since he saw the way Jimin and Yoongi were behaving towards one another the other day, Namjoon felt weird. Like, he didn't know if this marriage would actually work out. Sure, he never expected he and Jimin would get along and make this marriage a happy one. For all he knew the Demon Prince will continue to see that other demon behind his back. To be perfectly honest, why was Namjoon caring about that right now? It isn't like he had any sort of emotional ties with Jimin, right?

Jimin leaned back in his chair, not saying a word. What the hell could he say? He knew his father was doing this on purpose. Purposely speaking with the other king while leaving him and Namjoon out of the conversation. The fucking asshole. Taking occasional sips of his tea, Jimin remained quiet without saying anything to Namjoon.

---

"That was the worse 'discussion of over tea' ever." Jimin grumbled, running his fingers through his black hair. He was beyond annoyed right now.

"I have to admit, it was rather harsh of our fathers to simply ignore us like that. Then to shortly leave right after that. Together. Alone. It seems rather...odd, don't you think?" Namjoon wasn't too keen on seeing his father and King Jeongsu being rather friendly with one another. It was definitely unsettling.

"I think odd is a understatement, don't you think?" Even though Jimin had told himself he wasn't going to speak with Namjoon, here he was. Walking with the Angel Prince through the large royal garden. After their fathers had excused themselves from the table, the silence had become quite uncomfortable between him and Namjoon. When the Angel Prince suggested talking a walk through the garden, Jimin surprised himself with how quickly he had agreed.

Namjoon giggled lightly, a tiny smile forming on his full lips. "Yes, I assure you sure right. That is definitely a understatement." Despite not really getting along with Jimin, Namjoon was enjoying this. It oddly felt...nice walking and speaking with his fiancée like this. Perhaps there was hope for the two of them getting along after all.

Jimin glanced at Namjoon when he had heard the Angel Prince giggle. He caught sight of the tiny smile and felt this odd fluttering sensation in his chest. The taller boy definitely had a adorable smile. Especially his dimples. The next thing Jimin knew, he spoke without thinking. "You should really smile more. You have a adorable smile. I love your dimples."

Namjoon's eyes widened slightly when he heard Jimin's words. The Angel turned out look at the Demon. Did he really say that? Did his fiancée really just complimented him? Feelings his cheeks heat up a little, a rather shy smile made it's way onto his lips. "Thank you. I usually smile a lot. When I'm here at home, that is." The Angel felt a little worried about saying the last part of the sentence.

The corners of Jimin's full lips twitched a little. Of course Namjoon would smile more while being here at home. It was where he was most comfortable after all. There was this odd feeling inside his chest that caused the demon prince to wish Namjoon would smile like that more often. More often around him. "Well, I do hope...I will be able to see you smile more often."