Chapter 73

It was three and Aiden and I were almost through with therapy. I had been quiet only answering with faint ahas and naahs when asked questions. Aiden had finally admitted that being with Maria was the apparent "cure" to his nightmares, I laughed at this but as he elaborated, I thought it made sense when he said that she made him forget.

"Okay, we're done for the day !" Claire declared enthusiastically and we all stood up. She shot me one cautious look before asking me what was wrong. "Nothing I'm fine," I replied rather nervously as we walked out the door. "Oh and Tracy -," she said as I closed the door ,"- you have a month left and you haven't given me any feedback," she continued and I scratched my head trying to remember about our last therapy session. "The world is still a dark place Claire, no yellow sunshine anywhere and sadly I'm still trying to paint my life bright yellow cause of you," I say sarcastically and walk out shutting the door behind me not bothering to wait for an answer. Staring at the hallway I take in the familiar appearance. A row of polished mahogany doors are aligned with mega sized offices behind them. The offices most probably had arrogant men with personalities twice as huge as their offices and stiff secretaries that followed them everywhere. Most of the offices belonged to advocates and publishing companies and this actually made me wonder why Claire would want to have her therapy clinic( as I usually referred to it)amidst huge intimidating offices that belonged to equally intimidating people( as I assume rich people are really intimidating )

Thud!

I suddenly hear the loud bang of a door and watch as a blonde woman walks out of one of the huge doors. A grim look on her face. She's adorned in a red bandage dress that hugs her body like a second skin. Her blonde hair cascades down and rests down on her back in bouncy curls. I read the name plastered on the door from which she'd stomped out. Edwardson publishers. I heard a sudden yelp at the end of the hall and watched as the blonde woman fell down on her knees. I reconsidered the urge to laugh when I heard her yelp again. Rushing towards her I helped her up."Oh thank you dear ,"she said in a heavy American accent."Are you hurt?"I asked in my most artificial yet polite tone. "Oh I'm fine darling -," she replied in a pitchy voice while dramatically flipping her hair." Just emotionally hurt ,"throwing her left hand to her chest to feign hurt.
"These horse shits have rejected my masterpiece ,"I roll my eyes when she points at the door belonging to Edwardson publishers. " Oh, you're a ....writer ," I blurt out and she smiles faintly. She pulls out a huge rim of papers from her bag and quickly peruses through it. "We did so much on this aaghr ," she angrily groans and my chances of glancing at the manuscript get ruined when she angrily throws the thing back into her bag. I looked up at her - she was towering slightly over me in her nude stilettos - her eyes were a pale blue and her lips were caked with a red lipstick matching her rather expensive dress. "We? -" I asked her questioningly," - didn't do it by yourself eeh?"I said raising an eyebrow. She tensed a little although I was asking just for the sake of humor and to put her in a better mood."I'm sorry I don't know why I'm....telling you this ," she says nervously while brushing imaginary dirt of her dress." I was just trying to -,"I trail of as she hurriedly walks away and I'm left confused.

"She looked oddly familiar," I retort quietly to myself. I find Aiden next to an ice cream truck sucking the last bits of his vanilla ice cream. I snatch his cone and as obviously he whines. "Where were you, and you can't just come out of no where and claim my ice cream ," he continues whining and I just chuckle.

"I was with some author - I presume that's what she is - who fell on the hallway because her manuscript was rejected by the publishers ," I tell him and we both go silent before he erupts into a loud laughter. "Damn this rich people, if rejection can get her onto the floor, lack of money can lead her to the ICU better yet an early grave." We break into another fit. The man at the ice cream truck stares and us as though we'd grown a second head. " Let's go before this guy butchers us for having sense of humor ," Aiden says and we walk to his motorcycle.