Chapter 80

I looked out the window for the rest of the journey before Amell snaked his hand across the console and it deviously found its way on my right thigh. He squeezed gently causing me to look at him. He looked worried and forlorn. I sighed loudly. He shifted his gaze back on the road but his hand stayed on my thigh. It felt more as a consoling gesture than sensual and I smiled at him, trying to assure him that I was okay.

"I'm fine Amell,"

"No you're not, I know ," he insisted. I sighed and shifted so that I was facing him. I wondered how he'd react if I was to tell him about what Kait had said. The moment I remembered her, the words seeped back into my mind and I closed my eyes tightly.

"Where are we going ?"

"Big red hill!" He shouted, imitating Dora and I punched him. He really wanted me to ease up.

"Shut up"

"You really know how to punch," he chuckled and I shifted back to my seat.

"You'll see,"

He swerved the car and it shifted to a dirt road, for a moment I wondered if we were going back to where he'd taken me when we ate froyo but there weren't any trees in sight. It was winter and the snow was already beginning to form on most of the cone trees around.

"You know we do have to go back to school, " I said making him glance briefly at me before diverting back to the road.

"Bookworm,"

"Assfart ,"

"That's the most awkward insult I've heard, tell Aiden to up his game ,"

"He's too stupid even for that," I remarked and we both laughed loudly, and I ended up snorting a little. I zoned out a bit and simply stared at him smile, it reached his eyes and they crinkled a bit at the corners. That was the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face. The car came to a halt and instinctively I looked out the window. It looked warmer on this side of the earth, I could even make out the faint glimmer of the sun through the tall pine trees. And it was definitely much warmer, there wasn't snow.

"Are you like in an intimate relationship with trees? Cause you keep bringing me to forests ," Amell snorted and got out of the car.

"I still need you alive, for now ," he replied , trying to sound dark but failed miserably. He waited for me and once I got out he held out his hand.

"Well, for all its worth," I breathed and clasped my fingers through his. We walked in silence through the trees before I zoned out , again and ended up hitting my head on a low tree branch.

"What the hell! Fuck! " I cursed and watched as Amell threw his head back, his laugh bellowing through the air.

"The forest doesn't like you either, "

"Seriously, shut up!" He moved closer and rubbed my forehead with his palm. Wincing in pain, I swatted his cold hand away. I laced our fingers together and he smiled at the small gesture.

"I prefer it here ," I told him and he brought my hand to his lips and placed a chaste kiss on my knuckles. His lips were cold and chapped but It still tingled.

"We are eighteen not fifty nine and this is the twenty first century not the Victorian age, don't get that sappy," I joked and Amell pushed me by the shoulder. I stumbled but regained balance in time to swat his head. He laughed it off and simply intertwined our fingers again. We had walked quite a distance and I realised that we were going down a slope. We weaved through some trees before we reached the edge of the forest. My eyes scanned the vicinity, the sun shone more vibrantly here and it glistened on the surface of the clear water. It was a small lake , with crystal clear water and trees surrounded it on either side.

"You can just give me pills , but drowning me ?" I turned to Amell to find him staring at the vibrant water. A small smile crept on his face and before I could say another cocky remark ,he lunged his body towards me and grabbed my waist. I shrieked when he lifted me and snuggled his face into my stomach.

"Jesus! Amell stop ," I struggled to get out of his grasp but his grip tightened on my waist and he pushed me higher his nose tickled my navel and I giggled. He finally dropped me down but his hands were still wound around my waist, he pulled me closer and placed his forehead onto mine.

"Ow, " I winced

"Sorry ," he smiled. We stared into each other's eyes for a while. His were a vibrant and light blue and the silver highlights were barely noticeable. God! How does someone have such beautiful eyes.

"Beautiful," Amell murmered abruptly.

"Did I say that out loud?" He raises his eyebrow

"Uh, what?"

"That you - have ," I stutter," uh - nothing just forget - , "

" That I have what?"

"Nothing!"

"What?" He probes and I sigh in defeat.

"Beautiful - that you have beautiful eyes ," I whisper and look away shyly. I can practically feel the smirk growing on his face. He moves closer. I glance at him and he's red, like beetroot red. For the first time since I set my eyes on Amell , he is blushing. And it is quite the sight.

"Jeez! You're blushing!" I chuckle and he looks away, his face is really pink right now.

"No, I don't blush,"

"But you're face is red , and your nose and your -,"

"It's the cold,"

"You didn't look like that two minutes ago ,"

"Shut the hell up!" He says and pulls me closer before unexpectedly connecting our lips. It's a slow, close mouthed kiss, gentle and it brings out a lot of emotions with it, our tongues barely touch.