Not me anymore

Cerise POV
After my meet with Peter I sneak back to the school. I climb the vine that leads to my dorm room. I pull myself in and sigh.

"You're hurting everyone who cares about you!!"

Darings words echo through my mind. I run my hand through my hair and flop down on my bed. I turn over and see Cedar's bed empty. I shrug and push myself off my bed towards my drawers. I pull out a black tank top and red short shorts. I yank open the door of the bathroom and grab a towel before starting the water. I quickly undress and sep into the warm water. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of the falling water. Why does Daring even care. He's with Ramona. He need to stay out of my business. This is me now he and every one needs to get used to it. I turn of the water and quickly dry myself before changing into my clothes.

As I head out of the restroom I hear a knock on the door. Thinking it's Cedar I yell"It's open!" The door slowly opens and I see Daring. I growl "I thought I told you to leave me alone." He looks down at his feet and sighs." You know when you went into the coma I went to visit you everyday."He says stepping into my dorm and taking a seat on my bed." I would talk to you...beg you to wake up just so I could see your sparkling grey eyes again. Right after school I'd go see you. I...I hated that there was nothing I could do to help you." He said.

I stood there shocked."Ramona saw how messed up I was and we started hanging out together in your hospital room and it soon turned to more." He added. I rolled my eyes as he stood up. "Cerise why did you change...what happened. When you woke up from the coma you were crying about something. What was it...?"He asked me.

My mind wanders back to my perfect life with him and my beautiful kids. Tears begin to roll down my face. I lost everything I had in a matter of seconds. "Get out."I said. Darings face becomes full of concern."Cerise-"He starts. " I said 'Get out'" I repeat angrily. He stands up and pulls me close to him. I begin to struggle but he tightens his grip around my waist. As I brea down into sobs he gently rubs my back.

"Cerise,please, talk to me." He begs. "You're hurting but you won't let me help you." She adds. Letting out a sad say he also adds. "Look even if you won't tell me just let me stay here with you. Let me be here for you." I say nothing and stay in his arms. After a while I speak up. "Ok...just stay with me tonight."

He pulls back slightly to look at me, smiles, and nods,"Ok." He says gently lifting me up, places me on the bed, and lays down next to me wrapping his arms around me. I feel warm and safe in his arms. I let myself slowly drift into a peaceful sleep.