neighbor calum

seasonal calum only on sundays

you moved to australia a year ago during march. at first, you were quite unhappy until you saw the neighbor next door. he was a full course meal. he helped you and your family move into your house along with his mother, joy, and sister, mali.

you and calum, the hot god who lived next door, weren't as close as you and mali but you saw him quite often. occasionally you'd tell mali you were using the restroom so you could pass by his room. you knew everything was wrong. really, really, wrong.

calum thomas hood was a year older than you, a senior in high school. he was some extremely popular guy who not only played soccer, but played girls as well. walking past his room you often heard giggles from other women, laughter from him and his friends, and the strong scent of marijuana leaking through his door.

him and mali were complete opposites. mali-koa hood enjoyed poetry and writing music. she enjoyed singing, and doing cliche things like sitting on the roof watching the sunset. she was like the older sister you never had. yes mali did somethings that calum did, but she was nice and caring. unlike calum who is cocky, and has a rude attitude.

it was now spring once again and calum was mowing the lawn. cliche, i know, but extremely hot. the sweat dropped down his body as he moved the machinery across the grass. this was your view every sunday during spring.

during the winter, jesus blessed you with calum putting up christmas lights. he did them so effortlessly but they looked fantastic. does that even make sense? when it was summer he washes cars. it's great. he's great. fall was great too. he'd rake up all the leaves and clean the yard.

you started calling it 'seasonal calum only on sundays.'

it's currently saturday and you and mali are having a sleepover. the fireplace was lit and "the 40 year-old virgin" was on. what a time to be alive. while mali was getting things ready in the living room you were in the kitchen making popcorn.

you needed one more bag of microwaveable popcorn located in the back of the cupboard. you stood on your tippy toes trying to reach for the small package until you feel a hand on your lower back and a muscular arm reach past you.

"here," god damn it's jesus. sorry i mean calum, whoops.

"thanks," you said with a faint smile. you then turn around and proceed to put it into the microwave feeling his awkward presence behind you.

he still hasn't moved and in the reflection of the microwave you noticed him getting closer. when the timer when off you grabbed the popcorn and started to turn around and leave until you were met with a bare chest. you filed silently as you looked up at jesu- calum.

"what are you doing to me?" he mumbled silently as he looked at you with his dark brown eyes. you could've sworn he was leaning in as you notice his lips only inches apart from yours until mali walked into the kitchen. he immediately jumped back and pretended to search through the fridge.

your heart was beating out of your chest. you could feel yourself close to fainting. your dream boy is really out here asking what you're doing to him.

"hey cal want to watch a movie with us? i know you have nothing better to do," mali asked him as she grabbed candy from one of the jars.

"i'd love to," he said looking at mali then you.

you instantaneously curse at everything in your head. i'm not going to be able to watch this movie if zeus here is going to be with us.

you all make your way to the living room with mali and calum, falling on to the leather couch. you sit between the two siblings until mali decides she's tired.

"look i'm going to head up and rest first. you can still watch the movie with cal, you look like you're having a good time," mali whispers into your ear. she smiles and says good night to calum before her feet lead her into the room. once the door shuts upstairs calum turns over to you.

"can i help you?" you ask sarcastically as he continues to stare.

"no, but i can sure help you," he smirks.

you roll your eyes for what feels like the millionth time. he gently takes his calloused fingers and grabs your chin pointing your face towards him. your eyes meet and he leans in.

a million thoughts race through your head. calum is older than you. calum is bad. calum is a player. calum is-

"what are you so afraid of?" he rasps softly.

"y-you," your voice managed to mumble.

his eyes flicker from your eyes to your lips for a moment before your lips meet his plump ones. all the butterflies, all the fireworks, everyone was right about those feelings. mali told me when you kiss someone that's made for you, you're supposed to feel all of the cliche little tingles that shoot through your body.

he pulls away after a few seconds holding one of your cheeks in his large warm hand.

"still afraid?"

i'm back.