die for you

baby i would die for you

based on "die for you" by the weeknd

"–i'm done. we're done. i'm going to ashton's!" the harsh words leave calum's plump lips as the front door slams shut. then you were met with pure silence. the sound you feared most of all– bitter and isolated.

your eyes sting as crimson glass forms across the surface. once your eyelids squeeze shut, the glass breaks across your cheeks. your legs give out beneath you and your body collapses on the kitchen floor. silent sobs escape from your dry lips. as they grow louder, your heart continues to ache more.

memories make their way to the front of your mind. although you've been getting into heated discussions quite often, nothing compared to this one. he's never left. he said he never would.

"i just can't say i don't love you," calum whispers into your hair, "because i love you."

arguments– they were like new and sudden nightmares flooding your throbbing mind.

"y-you hurt me cal," you whisper, "and i hate it. i hate that i love someone who keeps hurting me relentlessly."

screams, the sobs have become screams. screams as streaks of burning tears fall off your cheeks on top the tile in your shared kitchen.

"please stop," he sighed wrapping his arms around your neck, "i hate it when you cry."

the sun has set outside, not a single star in the sky. just you lying on the kitchen floor with only a single dim light hovering your figure.

"why don't you just stay with luke or something?" you grumble. calum whispered with his head in his hands, "you're scared to be lonely, especially in the night."

using most of your strength, you lift your body from the ground using the counter to sturdy yourself. the farthest you can carry yourself is the leather couch in the living room.

"i can't break up with you!" he painfully yells, "you're everything. you're worth these meaningless fights."

duke crawls next to you on the couch as you hold him close. his doe eyes look into yours before shutting. you do the same in hope this is all some stupid dream and he would've never slipped away.

you knew you had to accept that one day, he would leave. one day he would give up because you weren't worth the fight. you just didn't know that day would be today. the day before your one year anniversary.

exhaustion devours your mind causing you to slowly fall into a deep slumber.

***

"i left her, duke. i've broken another promise. i've broken off another piece of her aching heart," a slient voice wakes you from your drowsiness followed by the vibrations against your face.

your hands feel around and you're met with calum's soft, wet cheeks. realization hits and you register that you're now lying in your bed with calum. your face against his bare chest and his arms around your frame. the sky was still pitch black and the alarm clock on the night stand read 1:34 am. duke's small body laid directly behind your back in hopes make you feel better.

"w-why are you crying? i thought you were staying with ashton?" you question groggily.

"i'm not saying sorry because that's what i always say. i know, i know it for a fact that you're sick of this. you're tired of the fights. of the fame. of all of the stress i've given you. i know. i can see it in your eyes. your tired, tired eyes. i'm begging you [y/n]. please, don't give up on me just yet. i know i can treat you like a princess. i can't give you the world, but i can give you my heart and the treasures that accompany it. i know it may sound crazy but even though we're going through it and it makes you feel alone just know that i would die for you, baby i would die for you."

you don't respond. the only thing you do is hold him tighter to hear the beautiful sound of his beating heart.

"i can't leave you cal."

"thank god but, why?"

"it's physically impossible
to live without you're heart,
you keep the blood pumping
in my veins. i would
die without you."

not that long, not that great. i just needed to distract myself