his wedding

"bride and groom, but it's not me and you."

celebrating..
calum hood & charity grace
you're invited!

dear friends and family, we are glad to invite you to our wedding august 11, 2020 in west croanale valley! flip for more details!

he really did it. he invited me to his wedding. this is just fan-fricken-tastic, isn't it? if i don't go, i'm a petty ex who still isn't over it. if i do go, i'm a respectful ex who is mostly over it.

it's just, he cheated on me. with her! charity grace! god, her name makes me sick to my stomach. it's funny how he was surprised when i ended things. what else did he expect me to do? rub his tummy and say "it's all good?" no. i dumped him.

i know i shouldn't care anymore considering the fact it was two years ago, but it still hurts. i should be happy that they found love, but it sucks i had to be hurt in order for their relationship to spark. sometimes, i imagine what life would be like if i never introduced them. if she was never my best friend. but i can't think like that. because the damage is done and there's no going back.

i remember the day he admit their relationship. i remember how he told me he didn't love me like he used to. he told me things were getting boring. he told me she made him feel something. i remember how he told me that he still cared about me. how he never meant to hurt me. but i know, deep down, i know he knew how badly it would.

calum is anything but stupid. is he a jerk face? yes. is he gross? yes. is he stupid? unfortunately, no he isn't. he knew what he was doing. i can bet on it. he kept doing it because it gave him a rush of adrenaline and confidence. he could sneak around and it gave him satisfaction. satisfaction i never gave him.

***

i've decided. long story short, i'm at wedding. look, it's not like i had anything better planned. plus, i have all of my essentials in my purse. my essentials include a flask. that's all.

my dress looks pretty casual compared to the rest of them. with calum being in a world famous band and charity being a fashion designer, i should've been more prepared. to add to my lame outfit, i don't recognize anyone and i'm being dangerously awkward. i haven't seen luke, michael, or ashton and their women. the only six people i should know here.

before i decide to take a swig from my flask i look left and right and make my move. soon enough i see a tall group of white boys enter the room. my men.

they greet people around the room before their eyes land on me. they all smile and rush over in excitement as i do the same.

"hi!" i squeak with a large smile.

"[ y / n]!" they yell back before we all group hug. with michael being married to crystal and having a baby on the way, i never get to see him anymore. ashton is engaged to kay, and luke and sierra's wedding is coming up making it so much harder to see them as well.

"where are your women!" i ask with laughter behind my voice.

"they're helping charity. y'know with like the dress and stuff," ashton replies.