6. Home, Sweet, Home

"Change is completely out of our hands. Transcendents cannot prevent the highly impossible. We are not invincible; despite having Telestic gifts. John F. Kennedy once said, 'Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.' We believe that you should strive for a peaceful future and let everything else be only a guideline on what not to do. JFK also implied, 'Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.' It's a balancing act. Good vs. Evil. A tale as old as time. The laws of nature determine if we shall live in peace or at war – and Transcendents are measly pawns in the grand plan. A war will always be on the horizon when the world needs to rebalance itself. Remember these words from T.S. Eliot, 'Home is where one starts from.' Home is not where you will end. Transcendents have a bigger part to play in the grand scheme of life after the war is won against the dark forces of life."

- Transcendent Book of Life

Two weeks have passed since the horrendous events took place. Eddie and I haven't spoken since then; not even to discuss our child's future. I suppose it is for the best with everything going on; because we wouldn't want to fight in the field and have that come back to bite us in the ass. Diana has been a complete godsend since she took it upon herself to decode the book.

An escape plan.

The book of answers.

Our history emblazoned in the pages.

A way to take down any threat that comes our way.

For once it was good to hand over some of duties as leader; and feel like a normal person in this on-going war. Diana is our shining star hidden in ashes – a phoenix in a way. With her help, we've been able to track down: new leads, possible locations, and five new additions to our slowly growing band of misfits: Ruby Tolbert, Avery Rangecroft, Owen Forrey, Lincoln Hyde, and Emmett Sullivan. It's my job and birthright to protect them as their leader; and friend.

"We may have another lead." Says Diana as she brings her tablet and the book to my attention. "We're searching for people who are like us, right? That being said – what if they don't know they have special abilities?"

"You're losing me. What are you implying, D?" I ask as I point to the computer.

"We need to search the internet for possible family relations. Transcendents have always been since the beginning of time. There has to be records. We cross reference dates, names, or places in this database – and it should show us..."

"People that have been here since the town was founded; providing us with potential Transcendents. This could help with our on-going guessing game of who is what in this town." I say as I finish her sentence with a smile painted on my face.

"Precisely." States Diana as she slips her burgundy rubber-band off of her wrist and quickly pulls her stunning, dark hair into a braid. "And if we track down these people...they can join our side and we'll grow in numbers; as well as powers. Help them to adjust to this new life sprung on them; and prepare them for the battle."

"Has it worked? Tested your theory out? You know how I am about putting all my eggs in one basket. We can't afford to chance anything on a what-if-scenario. You understand?" I question as I raise an eyebrow to her statements. Why couldn't I be happy that we are taking a more technological approach? If it helps us, shouldn't I be encouraging this? She's been nothing but helpful these last two weeks; while staying sane as all of our friends get taken one by one. Diana has yet to vent on about the issues at hand regarding everything that has changed in the past six months.